JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

"The man the suspect threatened then pulled out a gun, so the suspect dropped his knife and took off."

Good guy: No shots fired.
Suspect: captured.
Suspect: probably back on the street to try again tomorrow.
Media: no news here ... darn it.

I notice the headline said nothing about the man defending himself with a gun, only that the man was "subdued".
G-d forbid the public should see guns used for something positive.

At least one television news broadcast mentioned that the victim had a gun. Can't keep up with my wife's channel switching so don't know whether it was repeated later on the same channel or another.

The original Portland PD email lacked any and all information about the armed citizen. Which leads me to believe that he probably was legally carrying with a permit, and the that the lack of information was on purpose to push an agenda.

Gotta love the idiotic comment from an anti gun person in the KATU comments on their story ---
trololol on KATU site said:
Fact is, if some guy got out of his car with fists ready, I'll bet you mr. knife would have fled anyhow looking for an easier target. You don't need a gun to make a stand.
They'll try to defend their position even with stupidity.

Last Edited:
This is what I saw on my iphone new 12 app

Police: Gun-wielding man stops carjacker outside Elmer's
So I emailed them Basically saying really that's the way you have to phrase it
You couldn't say man legally carrying concealed pistol stops man wielding a knife
Told them how sick I am getting that the new Portrays gun owners that are legally doing it has the bad guys or gun wielding Like it's some wild West drama movie or something.

The media & disarm citizens to victims "agenda" crowd like that there are no statistics, data or even news stories of the good stopping or disrupting crimes or violence, whether protecting self or interrupting a mall shooter. The truth is inconvenient to their agenda.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top