JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago (yes I am an old guy:D) I read a book by John Bianchi called Blue Steal and Gun Leather. Very informative on carrying concealed and why it's bad to ever show your gun or ammo in public while carrying concealed. I follow the book and nobody has ever seen the gun I carry. Yes I have the right to open carry but I just don't think I want everyone to know I carry a gun.

This is America so carry as you will, it's our right to do so.:D

I focused on Daniels with a handgun in a holster under his coat statement. From my perspective, if you are carrying concealed then it never becomes an issue unlike when seen and recognized as a handgun one opens themselves up to not just concerned citizens, but wackos and criminals. I see it as a privilege to carry and that we who have a Florida "Concealed weapon or Firearm license" (still not sure why this has not caught on with other states) should take it seriously, same for here in Oregon. I am sure there are others who think quite the opposite and they have their right to think this.
So, in order to carry a handgun you must wear clothing that makes it impossible to tell you are carrying in any position or situation? That seems like it would defeat the purpose of carrying due to access and might cause a safety issue. It's not like this guy was carrying an SKS at the ready or something. This Shannon Watts disciple saw him with a holster in the parking lot when his clothing shifted as he got out of his vehicle. I'm seriously confused on how you could in anyway shift this to the victim. Should we prosecute for indecent exposure anytime someone has any part of their underwear showing?

Deal is there is no way to tell who is a criminal and who isnt. To expose your gun just draws attention you may not want. In my opinion it's better to keep it hidden until you need it, surprise is always a sound tactic.:D

The next time some anti-gunner says he is going to attack or shoot someone for legally open or concealed carry (when he/she detects the carry), you can point them to this case.

Of course, they will just roll their eyes and say "well yeah, that's Florida", but the law is the same - you can't attack someone just because they are legally carrying a firearm, as much as many anti-gunners would like to think they can (and some police).

This is the logical conclusion of the phobia that anti-gunners have about gun ownership, carrying guns and guns in general. They see this as a threat, and will react to that threat.

This (the fear) is why I think it is stupid to open carry as a political statement.:rolleyes:

This Shannon Watts disciple saw him with a holster in the parking lot when his clothing shifted as he got out of his vehicle. I'm seriously confused on how you could in anyway shift this to the victim. Should we prosecute for indecent exposure anytime someone has any part of their underwear showing?

You made me have to look up who Shannon Watts was!
I've determined I don't like Shannon Watts:mad:

Shannon Watts is a 43-year-old mother of five children (two step-daughters, 25 and 20; two daughters, 18 and 17; and a 14-year-old son). Prior to founding Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Ms. Watts was a stay-at-home mom in a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana. She had a 15-year career as a communications executive for both public relations agencies and Fortune 500 corporations. Ms. Watts was not an activist or involved in gun issues prior to the shootings at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, 2012. The day after the tragedy, she started a Facebook page for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

I focused on Daniels with a handgun in a holster under his coat statement. From my perspective, if you are carrying concealed then it never becomes an issue unlike when seen and recognized as a handgun one opens themselves up to not just concerned citizens, but wackos and criminals. I see it as a privilege to carry and that we who have a Florida "Concealed weapon or Firearm license" (still not sure why this has not caught on with other states) should take it seriously, same for here in Oregon. I am sure there are others who think quite the opposite and they have their right to think this.

:s0030:Don't let the other replys bother you, they are just trying to get you under the right wing a little more:D.

You made me have to look up who Shannon Watts was!
I've determined I don't like Shannon Watts:mad:

Shannon Watts is a 43-year-old mother of five children (two step-daughters, 25 and 20; two daughters, 18 and 17; and a 14-year-old son). Prior to founding Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Ms. Watts was a stay-at-home mom in a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana. She had a 15-year career as a communications executive for both public relations agencies and Fortune 500 corporations. Ms. Watts was not an activist or involved in gun issues prior to the shootings at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, 2012. The day after the tragedy, she started a Facebook page for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

BARF!!

Tackle me like that for no damn reason and I will shoot you if I dont beat you to a pulp first. Christ what is wrong with people?!

Guess he wanted to be some "big hero"
What a douche.

They call it right because it is:D Just don't want to back her into a corner and she comes out shooting, she is probably pretty good at it.:s0124:

Meh, ain't looking to pounce, just checking to see if "priveledge" was meant in the tense of "responsibility" because of the context of the sentence.

If she meant exactly what she said, then the beatings will commence! :D

Speaking of douche... How'd you get that single "nuetural" trade rating?! :eek:
Guy had made a deal with me (new member) set a time and was just waiting on a place, sold it out from under me after we had set everything up, I gave him a negative trade rating because this isnt ODT or Armslist when you make a deal and set a time and place you either honor it or man up and say the deal is off, anything really.. He just left me hanging I would have shown up and been stood up, so in return he gave me a nutral rating.. Which I emailed Joe about explaining the situation.. Anyhow he isnt active on here anymore.

Even if my faulty profiling convinced me this guy was up to no good, I would have tailed him while getting a Walmart associate's attention to notify a manager of my concerns.
The second that I saw the guy with the gun pick up a six pack and a bag of Doritos I would know the guy was just another customer and moved on.
Rampage killers don't shop in the middle of rampaging as a general rule.
Besides, rampage killers like gun free zones like Malls and Schools!

This "hero" must of had some mental issues or some other history. Probably watches too much MSNBC.

Guy had made a deal with me (new member) set a time and was just waiting on a place, sold it out from under me after we had set everything up, I gave him a negative trade rating because this isnt ODT or Armslist when you make a deal and set a time and place you either honor it or man up and say the deal is off, anything really.. He just left me hanging I would have shown up and been stood up, so in return he gave me a nutral rating.. Which I emailed Joe about explaining the situation.. Anyhow he isnt active on here anymore.

Well there ya go, then!! JOE?! Clean up on isle five!!!

Meh, ain't looking to pounce, just checking to see if "priveledge" was meant in the tense of "responsibility" because of the context of the sentence.

If she meant exactly what she said, then the beatings will commence! :D

Well go ahead, I want to see this:s0142:

Even if my faulty profiling convinced me this guy was up to no good, I would have tailed him while getting a Walmart associate's attention to notify a manager of my concerns.
The second that I saw the guy with the gun pick up a six pack and a bag of Doritos I would know the guy was just another customer and moved on.

This "hero" must of had some mental issues or some other history. Probably watches too much MSNBC.

Hey, I ALWAYS get a little thirsty and a bit peckish when I go on a killin' spree.... o_O

Exactly, keep an eye on him if you are "that" worried.. If he draws then pounce.. But c'mon.. Just because he "tucked" or "positioned" it?!
When I sit down to drive sometimes I'll take my pistol out for a better defensive position and keep it in the middle console.. When I get out I tuck in back in.

You mean to tell me that malls are gun free zones?:oops: oops......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top