JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why does it say under notes, "BAKER ACT PAPERS" on his mug shot page I wonder? Baker Act is involuntary detention for mental problems right?
<broken link removed>

View attachment 134587
<broken link removed>
Michael Foster
Arrest Information
Full Name: Michael Scott Foster
Date:01/20/2015
Time: 3:41 PM
Arresting Agency: HCSO
Total Bond: $500
Arrest Location:11110 CAUSEWAY BL, Hillsborough, FL
Personal Information
Arrest Age:43
Birthdate: 09/07/1971
Block: 15800 Fishhawk Falls Dr
City: Lithia, Florida 33547
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair Color: GRY
Eye Color: BRO
Place of Birth: LA

15002515.jpg

Charges
  • #1 BATTERY

STATUTE: BATT1100 (1 M)

BOND: $500

NOTES: BAKER ACT PAPERS

He's a Home Depot customer service person. I had a taste of working at HD a long time ago, some of the crap the "customers" would come up with, sketchy returns etc., would drive me crazy sometimes.
Maybe working at HD drove him mad.

This video brings up a good point though.
Would there ever be a time when you'd be tempted to pre-empt what you feel was something bad about to go down after spotting a gun on someone?

I know profiling isn't PC or even accurate all the time but let's say you see a scraggly tweaker type shakily stuffing what looks like a revolver in his jacket pocket across the street outside Dairy Mart some night.

He's looking around behind him all paranoid then puts up his hoodie and paces suspiciously by the door as customers come and go. You go in and get your gallon of milk and pay the pretty cashier.

Tweaker is now at the candy rack, hands in pocket seemingly undecided between a Snickers bar or a Twix.

As you scoop up your change you notice it will just be the cashier and tweaker after you leave. What do you do next?:s0092:

Can't OC in Florida.

That's not the point. If you want to OC more power to ya, but IMO you paint a big bullseye on yourself for bad guys to zero in on. This could have happened ANYWHERE to ANYONE, and perpetrated just as easily by a malefactor as it was by a "misguided" vigilante.
This video brings up a good point though.
Would there ever be a time when you'd be tempted to pre-empt what you feel was something bad about to go down after spotting a gun on someone?

I know profiling isn't PC or even accurate all the time but let's say you see a scraggly tweaker type shakily stuffing what looks like a revolver in his jacket pocket across the street outside Dairy Mart some night.

He's looking around behind him all paranoid then puts up his hoodie and paces suspiciously by the door as customers come and go. You go in and get your gallon of milk and pay the pretty cashier.

Tweaker is now at the candy rack, hands in pocket seemingly undecided between a Snickers bar or a Twix.

As you scoop up your change you notice it will just be the cashier and tweaker after you leave. What do you do next?:s0092:

I have been in this situation before... An old tweeker/boozer looking Mexican guy was in the cross walk in front of my car and I saw a revolver in his waistband ("Mexican carry"... go figure) as his coat flapped up from a wind gust.

He went into the 7-11 store, so I pulled into the parking lot, called the cops, and waited outside the store and watched him. He bought something inside the store, came out, walked right past me... just as the cops rolled up.

He got busted for illegal CC, cops didn't need me for anything because he was caught red-handed, and he never knew who called him in.

Now, did I profile him because there was a 60% statistical probability he was an illegal alien, who was 100% unlawfully CCing? You bet your arse I did, and I was right about all the above. ;)

Last Edited:
I like to think I have a healthy sense of situational awareness - I stay alert and observant. Sort of like riding motorcycles for 5 decades and assuming the other guy will probably do something stupid. Then I'm prepared to react defensively if/when they do.

That's one of many reasons I keep my concealed weapon concealed. I don't need some overimaginative @ssjacket with a room-temperature IQ accidentally spotting my carry piece and thinking he's Jack Bauer with a moral mission to save mankind from my evil plan to walk into Walmart and buy some wiper blades.

Since it's impossible to ever know what everyone near me might choose to make of my actions or appearance, I offer them as little to take issue with as I possibly can.

F__ with me or some innocent individual? Different story altogether.

I focused on Daniels with a handgun in a holster under his coat statement. From my perspective, if you are carrying concealed then it never becomes an issue unlike when seen and recognized as a handgun one opens themselves up to not just concerned citizens, but wackos and criminals. I see it as a privilege to carry and that we who have a Florida "Concealed weapon or Firearm license" (still not sure why this has not caught on with other states) should take it seriously, same for here in Oregon. I am sure there are others who think quite the opposite and they have their right to think this.

I focused on Daniels with a handgun in a holster under his coat statement. From my perspective, if you are carrying concealed then it never becomes an issue unlike when seen and recognized as a handgun one opens themselves up to not just concerned citizens, but wackos and criminals. I see it as a privilege to carry and that we who have a Florida "Concealed weapon or Firearm license" (still not sure why this has not caught on with other states) should take it seriously, same for here in Oregon. I am sure there are others who think quite the opposite and they have their right to think this.

So, just to clarify on what you said... The 2A says, the "priveledge" of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed?

Is that how you see it? Because that's what you just said essentially. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads