JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[QUOTE="BoonDocks36, post: 1211856, member: 24415

@ Karen Payne, knowing there Are no Legal Infringement upon our RIGHTS, do you feel the word usage "Privileged" is needed, to reference to Non Gun Activists???? Is it ~correct~ To use this word, that several challenged you on????
[/QUOTE]
I have already responded, please read that I said earlier and I am not repeating myself.

The incident is just like all the others we see, too hard to comment on because there isn't enough information out to make an informed opinion. When the whole story comes out then ya we can stay on topic but for now it's all more "what if" than "what's right".o_O

The banter is to keep the place friendly and a nice place to be, no sense driving people away just to make a point:D. ( Unless of course they are left wing loones that have no place on a gun board.):D
I agree

I have the feeling that idiot would have reacted the same way if he had seen the victim holding his side arm to clear it and lock it in the trunk of his car....

Now, he could have thought;
- a security guard?
- an off-duty cop?
- a law abiding citizen?
- am I sure that's what I saw?

But ALL he thought was;
-:s0001:
- serial killer
- black man with a gun

Putting aside that asshat's stupidity and ignorance...ya gotta hand it to him...
He had guts. :s0004:

And, he could have had them (and other's) splashed on the pavement due to his complete lack of judgment and probable mental issues....but guts none-the-less.

[QUOTE="BoonDocks36, post: 1211856, member: 24415

@ Karen Payne, knowing there Are no Legal Infringement upon our RIGHTS, do you feel the word usage "Privileged" is needed, to reference to Non Gun Activists???? Is it ~correct~ To use this word, that several challenged you on????
I have already responded, please read that I said earlier and I am not repeating myself.[/QUOTE]

Karen, Forgive this old DynoSour, I even Liked that post!!! I can Only plead ~Short Term Memory Lo~ what was I writing about!!!!

My morning got interuptedTeded, several times more than I can figure out on my Left handful of fingers, minus my thumb, because that number is too many!!!!

philip :oops: oops.

I have already responded, please read that I said earlier and I am not repeating myself.

Karen, Forgive this old DynoSour, I even Liked that post!!! I can Only plead ~Short Term Memory Lo~ what was I writing about!!!!

My morning got interuptedTeded, several times more than I can figure out on my Left handful of fingers, minus my thumb, because that number is too many!!!!

philip :oops: oops.[/QUOTE]
No worries, we all have those moments whether we want to admit to it, that's another story :D I find shots of Jack are good for that. And while on the topic of Jack, I am not much of a drinker so one shot goes a long way with me.

From the yahoo article^^^

The spread of abolition — and later desegregation—was met with the creation of groups like the Ku Klux Klan and the White Citizens Council, that sought to restore "order" and intimidate civil rights-seeking African-Americans as well as their allies — often through violence.

Though much more loosely organized and existing further out along the societal fringe, racism is still at the heart of today's larger vigilante groups. Only instead of free blacks and civil rights advocates, modern-day groups like the Minutemen militia target immigrants, sometimes even
acting as volunteer Border Patrol agents in an unauthorized effort to crack down on illegal immigration.

How in the heck do they connect the dots!?!
From crazy wannabe "hero" possibly profiling black gun owner and illegally attacking him to Minutemen militia are racists???
What a joke journalism school must be nowadays!

I hate to BUTT in on a good discussion, however when people use the term "privileged", to posses a firearm. I have a HUGE problem with that. As far as I'm concerned protecting your family, oneself, or others is not a privilege. It's just the way it is. That's what we do when care about our families & others. The only reason the term "privilege" has came about, is because we allowed that by jumping thru government hoops. It's been indoctrinated for some, for so long that they even believe it!;)

I thought of this:

See a black man (or anyone not cracker white or like Snow White) and assume they are up to no good...

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Boy, it's sure a good thing this topic is in the "Off Topic" section because it sure did get there!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I thought of this:

See a black man (or anyone not cracker white or like Snow White) and assume they are up to no good...
I watched that and I still think the same as before..............
Cautious profiling has it's uses and could at times include age, demeanor, disability, dress, smell, hairstyle tattoos etc. etc.
Honestly the white guy in the vid looked more stereotyped as "BAD" with his bald head and cut off shirt to me.
This vid just seems like more race baiting to me. A more likely scenario would be no one gets involved in a petty robbery like this.
The Walmart tackle, everyone is assuming he was profiled for being black. Only "hero" knows for sure.

Dyjital; The Walmart scenario, race not being an issue. If you would have came upon that scene midway...what would you have done? Just curious. Speaking for myself, I'm not quite sure what I would have done. A firearm being fought over is certainly a dangerous situation. My reaction probably would be to make an attempt to secure the firearm,without risking my life, so to speak. Then let the LEO figure it out. I do know that I would be changing my shorts after the fact. There were a lot of innocent bystanders. At the end of the day who knows?

Dyjital; The Walmart scenario, race not being an issue. If you would have came upon that scene midway...what would you have done? Just curious. Speaking for myself, I'm not quite sure what I would have done. A firearm being fought over is certainly a dangerous situation. My reaction probably would be to make an attempt to secure the firearm,without risking my life, so to speak. Then let the LEO figure it out. I do know that I would be changing my shorts after the fact. There were a lot of innocent bystanders. At the end of the day who knows?

Yeah race baiting aside...

I shared that video because of how the bystanders responded. I read the guy was saying he had a gun etc, but also that the carrier was stating he was licensed.

Honestly I probably would have kicked the tackler in the face and got him off the other guy.

My HUGE GLARING problem with this is how the bystanders disarmed the man.

What would I have done if I came into it... Not sure. Depends what was being said. But I'm almost positive that had the man on the ground been staring he was legal to carry and the dude on top panicking about a firearm I would have been very likely to assist the man on the ground on his back.

But I wasn't there so speculation is hard.

Oh yeah. I may not post much but I am around enough to be familiar with the shenanigans that go on around here.

Wide variety of people here, some I swear are right out of the institutions:D oh of higher learning of course :s0140:.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself here, these are mostly some really good people.:s0082:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top