JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like how they guy almost took out a kid trying to tackle this guy.

There's never a reason to play super hero.
Last thing you want to do is get in a fight with someone with a gun.
He probably thought he'd be a hero and go on good morning america or something.

Idiot. Would he have done the same if this was a white guy?

I hope they charge him with as much as possible.

You made me have to look up who Shannon Watts was!
I've determined I don't like Shannon Watts:mad:

Shannon Watts is a 43-year-old mother of five children (two step-daughters, 25 and 20; two daughters, 18 and 17; and a 14-year-old son). Prior to founding Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Ms. Watts was a stay-at-home mom in a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana. She had a 15-year career as a communications executive for both public relations agencies and Fortune 500 corporations. Ms. Watts was not an activist or involved in gun issues prior to the shootings at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, 2012. The day after the tragedy, she started a Facebook page for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

Her whole "I'm just a mother" persona is bullbubblegum. She is a professional marketing executive and Bloomberg hired her to advance his antigun agenda.

Last Edited:
You made me have to look up who Shannon Watts was!
I've determined I don't like Shannon Watts:mad:

Shannon Watts is a 43-year-old mother of five children (two step-daughters, 25 and 20; two daughters, 18 and 17; and a 14-year-old son). Prior to founding Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Ms. Watts was a stay-at-home mom in a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana. She had a 15-year career as a communications executive for both public relations agencies and Fortune 500 corporations. Ms. Watts was not an activist or involved in gun issues prior to the shootings at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, 2012. The day after the tragedy, she started a Facebook page for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
Yes, quite the catch, isn't she? There has been some sleuthing into how her group was formed so fast immediately after the Sandy Hook murders and the whole thing stinks to high heaven. Shortly before her group would have had to release its financials it merged with Bloomies newest group Everytown for Gun Safety(Control) resetting the clock. As a PR exec she is quite cunning, but that doesn't necessarily equate with intelligence. She can spin words and rile up her cult, but the barest light of truth shows her for the excrement she is.

<broken link removed>

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the right to bear arms yet we live in a screwed up political society that (and we all know this) is vigilant in erasing our rights as we know them. So with that said, perhaps I used those words in saying they will keep tightening the rope on us and at some point will invoke something that will screw us completely. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Meh, ain't looking to pounce, just checking to see if "priveledge" was meant in the tense of "responsibility" because of the context of the sentence.

If she meant exactly what she said, then the beatings will commence! :D
I could just sit back and take it but I am not that kind of woman, first off when I hear things like "the beatings will commence" saddens me because I believe that people like us belong to "the polite society" and are better than this.

So, in order to carry a handgun you must wear clothing that makes it impossible to tell you are carrying in any position or situation? That seems like it would defeat the purpose of carrying due to access and might cause a safety issue. It's not like this guy was carrying an SKS at the ready or something. This Shannon Watts disciple saw him with a holster in the parking lot when his clothing shifted as he got out of his vehicle. I'm seriously confused on how you could in anyway shift this to the victim. Should we prosecute for indecent exposure anytime someone has any part of their underwear showing?
I have been carrying concealed in Oregon since 2000 and only once was made. I was standing in a checkout line in an Albertson, the cashier put her hand on my back and began to say "come over to the next line and I will help you", I turned and saw she figured out I was carrying. Went over to her line, checked out and then went and discuss with the manager about me and my firearm and they were perfectly fine with it. So with that said, sure there are times when it is impossible to conceal in every situation but in this case it was not possible.

I have carried on protection details at conventions in formal wear and throughout my daily life in many situations, never other than the incident above has anyone seen my firearm to my knowledge. When it's windy, I adjust for it.

One other note, I was in an advance firearm class where it was 103 degrees with no shade, we were doing ankle holster work and eighty percent of the students wore short pants while I could had but why? We are working on concealment. Most said, it's too hot or I don't have pants to cover an ankle holster. My point being is they are not taking this seriously and for that reason may very well be made if they use the wrong type of trousers or worst yet need a backup and they do not have it. When I do protection detail I will sometimes carry three firearms and a ASP Talon baton. Have I ever had a need to draw from ankle, yes, more than once which saved my butt. I don't see it as defeating the purpose of concealed carry because "it's concealed".

I am sure no matter what I say some will disagree but that is how forums such as this work and I fully respect others opinions, this is mine.

I could just sit back and take it but I am not that kind of woman, first off when I hear things like "the beatings will commence" saddens me because I believe that people like us belong to "the polite society" and are better than this.

And it saddens me when some people take everything too seriously and fail to recognize humor (especially when a smiling green emoticon is supplied to imply humor is being used) i.e. "The beatings will commence until morale improves" and then imply that it's meant seriously, let alone condoned. Life must be very onerous to those types of people who have "Eeyore syndrome".

It also sadens me when someone (who I suspect knows that was humor in the first place) uses an Alinsky tactic of "taking the high road" and attempt to debase & discredit the questioner as a not so subtle way (to the observant) to deflect and redirect the issue to "social civility/politness" and not answer the question asked about their questionable prior post concerning their "view" on carrying is a "priveledge".

So, societal politeness and getting made in a grocery store aside... how about you clarifying your earlier statement that you view carrying as a "priveledge"? I'm merely presenting you with a polite opportunity to elucidate the rest of us on "the mind of Karen Payne" and what she really meant by a prior statement. It's OK if you don't actually clarify your statement, because that WILL be an answer and your position will be taken at face value, duly noted, and we'll move on to bigger and better things.

... and yes, I am better than most, my mom had me tested.

(Pssst, that was a true statement mixed with humor. Can you tell which was true, and which was humor?) ;)

I have been carrying concealed in Oregon since 2000 and only once was made. I was standing in a checkout line in an Albertson, the cashier put her hand on my back and began to say "come over to the next line and I will help you", I turned and saw she figured out I was carrying. Went over to her line, checked out and then went and discuss with the manager about me and my firearm and they were perfectly fine with it. So with that said, sure there are times when it is impossible to conceal in every situation but in this case it was not possible.

I have carried on protection details at conventions in formal wear and throughout my daily life in many situations, never other than the incident above has anyone seen my firearm to my knowledge. When it's windy, I adjust for it.

One other note, I was in an advance firearm class where it was 103 degrees with no shade, we were doing ankle holster work and eighty percent of the students wore short pants while I could had but why? We are working on concealment. Most said, it's too hot or I don't have pants to cover an ankle holster. My point being is they are not taking this seriously and for that reason may very well be made if they use the wrong type of trousers or worst yet need a backup and they do not have it. When I do protection detail I will sometimes carry three firearms and a ASP Talon baton. Have I ever had a need to draw from ankle, yes, more than once which saved my butt. I don't see it as defeating the purpose of concealed carry because "it's concealed".

I am sure no matter what I say some will disagree but that is how forums such as this work and I fully respect others opinions, this is mine.

So, in your opinion, it's the victim's fault for accidentally printing or flashing momentarily. I'm assuming that means you are on the side of the rapist when a victim wears revealing clothing? At what point do we actually hold criminals responsible in your mind?

I'm not really sure how your personal experiences have any bearing on this case or the law in general. Furthermore, you wear carrying concealed and let a stranger at Albertson's get close enough to put their hand on your back? No offense, but I've done PSD too and that's a big indicator that you, much like the victim in Florida, have some situational awareness issues.

Last Edited:
And it saddens me when some people take everything too seriously and fail to recognize humor (especially when a smiling green emoticon is supplied to imply humor is being used) i.e. "The beatings will commence until morale improves" and then imply that it's meant seriously, let alone condoned. Life must be very onerous to those types of people who have "Eeyore syndrome".

It also sadens me when someone (who I suspect knows that was humor in the first place) uses an Alinsky tactic of "taking the high road" and attempt to debase & discredit the questioner as a not so subtle way (to the observant) to deflect and redirect the issue to "social civility/politness" and not answer the question asked about their questionable prior post concerning their "view" on carrying is a "priveledge".

So, societal politeness and getting made in a grocery store aside... how about you clarifying your earlier statement that you view carrying as a "priveledge"? I'm merely presenting you with a polite opportunity to elucidate the rest of us on "the mind of Karen Payne" and what she really meant by a prior statement. It's OK if you don't actually clarify your statement, because that WILL be an answer and your position will be taken at face value, duly noted, and we'll move on to bigger and better things.

... and yes, I am better than most, my mom had me tested.

(Pssst, that was a true statement mixed with humor. Can you tell which was true, and which was humor?) ;)

:s0140: I knew this was going to happen and I got to :s0142:. All you had to do was read her introduction to know she would fight back. At least she was civil:D.

So, in your opinion, it's the victim's fault for accidentally printing or flashing momentarily. I'm assuming that means you are on the side of the rapist when a victim wears revealing clothing? At what point do we actually hold criminals responsible in your mind?

I'm not really sure how your personal experiences have any bearing on this case or the law in general. Furthermore, you wear carrying concealed and let a stranger at Albertson's get close enough to put their hand on your back? No offense, but I've done PSD too and that's a big indicator that you, much like the victim in Florida, have some situational awareness issues.

Norm, I pulled former PSD duty for EUSAREUR CINC, you?

Last Edited:
:s0140: I knew this was going to happen and I got to :s0142:. All you had to do was read her introduction to know she would fight back. At least she was civil:D.

Are you saying I've not been civil there, Bacon Seed? ;)

I've merely asked a direct question, and only received a non-sequitur response thus far. It's ok, I'm patient... and observant. o_O

You either "love me" or "hate me", usually there's no in between. Most people who meet me in person usually "love me", that's why I make a good living today.

Are you saying I've not been civil there, Bacon Seed? ;)

I've merely asked a direct question, and only received a non-sequitur response thus far. It's ok, I'm patient... and observant. o_O

You either "love me" or "hate me", usually there's no in between. Most people who meet me in person usually "love me", that's why I make a good living today.

Well I haven't met you so all I have to go by is your net personality:D. I think here we are on common ground in our love of country and second amendment rights.

Not all the people that come here have the same background so it's an interesting place to read what people post. Some you know their reply by what they posted before:D.

Most of you guys are decent people, that's why I here.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the right to bear arms yet we live in a screwed up political society that (and we all know this) is vigilant in erasing our rights as we know them. So with that said, perhaps I used those words in saying they will keep tightening the rope on us and at some point will invoke something that will screw us completely. Sorry if I offended anyone.

(weird, I just saw this post... Stupid smart phone!)

It's not about being "offended", people are only offended if they CHOOSE to be offended. The issue is, words mean things. I'm still trying to reconcile this post with your former post on "carrying is a priveledge"...

I realize folks can misspeak (I've been known to do that as well... from time to time.) So, I suppose time will tell on where you're really at.

I like how they guy almost took out a kid trying to tackle this guy.

There's never a reason to play super hero.
Last thing you want to do is get in a fight with someone with a gun.
He probably thought he'd be a hero and go on good morning america or something.

Idiot. Would he have done the same if this was a white guy?

I hope they charge him with as much as possible.

I am not "up" on Floridian Laws but do they really have a charge of:
as much as possible.

And since we have a newer member on thread.... Here is the ~now needed~ :D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :oops: (The last two, are just to prove I really have a sense of HuMore, them's ain't ~manly colors~ !!!!!!!!!

:confused:

philip ...."Never argue with a woman who packs a gun.... She just might take out her ASP, and smack you with it.... That being Part of Rules to use increased force...

My mamma always said "be nice to Woman, open Doors for them, or I'll kick you in the Asp...

OK, so I am breaking my rule, inputting on the Forum, with zero Coffee first, so Take me to Dutch Bros. !!!!! :s0104:

Well I haven't met you so all I have to go by is your net personality:D. I think here we are on common ground in our love of country and second amendment rights.

Not all the people that come here have the same background so it's an interesting place to read what people post. Some you know their reply by what they posted before:D.

Most of you guys are decent people, that's why I here.

For what it's worth, my net persona is no different from my personal presence... Except I'm 6' @ 210#, size 12 shoe, no muffin top at the belt line, can lift my body weight over my head, and I have a well groomed increasingly greying (ok, mostly grey) beard...

Not too bad for being nearly 50. ;)

(weird, I just saw this post... Stupid smart phone!)

It's not about being "offended", people are only offended if they CHOOSE to be offended. The issue is, words mean things. I'm still trying to reconcile this post with your former post on "carrying is a priveledge"...

I realize folks can misspeak (I've been known to do that as well... from time to time.) So, I suppose time will tell on where you're really at.

:D See if I can't get in trouble here. Yes words do mean something but it is also how they are said. The left uses political correct words to control speech, I hate them for it. They are not going to put words in my mouth and I will speak as a free man. It irks me when people on the right try the same thing.

Here you have someone who is committed to the second amendment but comes from a pc east coast state where you pick and choose words to not offend people :)D who probably need offending). The person ends up getting a pc treatment here for not saying it's a "right".

I tend to put myself in the shoes of who I am talking to. I may not pick the right words for everyone, I don't post to be liked but I am here in support of our rights. The more people who use those rights, no matter if they say the right words or not, the better off we are.

Now it's just my two cents on things:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top