JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the big update you're all tired of hearing about, receiving conversations about, taking surveys about, etc. for the past year and a half. Ironically, if everything goes as planned you won't notice much of a difference :s0112:

I'll close the site and begin the update on Monday, March 29th, 2021 Wednesday, March 31st at 4AM PST with the goal of re-opening the site by 10AM-12PM (noon) the same day.

Rather than retype everything here, I'll quote what I wrote in the feedback thread. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me directly :s0155:

I've been working on the next version of Northwest Firearms for well over a year now, a huge update including a completely re-written front-end and redevelopment of many popular features (classifieds being the big one, finally!). I'm happy to report that we're very close to the update here. Early access to new features and additional input are a couple benefits of being a Supporting Member here, and thankfully those who've volunteered for beta testing have had mostly good things to say.

Every time we have a big update people complain about the necessity of it, so I'll mention the reasons again. In general, it's best to keep software up-to-date for security, regardless if it's website software, your home computer, or your phone. It's a constant back-and-forth between developers and those who wish to do you harm, with exploits being discovered and patch releases to fix them happening frequently. Those who run dated software by choice are assuming a risk larger than I'm willing to take. The other is that developers don't develop for outdated software (unless you pay them $$$$), so new features require the latest version. I know some of you are base model guys who don't care for options and features, and that's fine. Personally, I'm the opposite, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to vBulletin :D

Speaking to that point though, I admit I've made some mistakes with these big updates over the years. In the past I didn't fully grasp how annoying it is to have to learn a new version of a familiar system from the ground up. As I get closer to middle-age I'm now starting to see the light. One of the main goals of this update was to change as little as possible on the front-end, so as not to lose that familiarity you guys have gained over the years. I think I've done a pretty good job, but I won't know for sure until you guys weigh in.

Those who have been through these updates before know that our rollout plan usually consists of the initial development phase with input from staff, a beta period where we open it up to Supporting Members, the Southwest Firearms update and non-supporter input phase, and then the Northwest Firearms update a couple weeks later. I'm happy to report that, as of yesterday afternoon, Southwest Firearms is now running the new version. I still have a mile-long to-do list, but for the most part there haven't been too many issues. I'm posting this thread now that we're at the third step, to get your thoughts before we go live here. Head over, check it out, and let me know what you think :)

Please note that the new Classified System is not yet live, that will be coming at a later date (late spring, most likely). Supporting Members who want to check it out do still have access to the beta, see this thread for details :s0155:

Last Edited:
Quick heads up, you guys might see some changes here before the actual update. I'm trying to get as much done beforehand as possible in order to minimize our downtime :s0155:

Quick heads up, you guys might see some changes here before the actual update. I'm trying to get as much done beforehand as possible in order to minimize our downtime :s0155:

Just want to say, if something goes wrong, and we don't make it. Guys here have been like family to me, sniff. A lot of good times, laughs and even tears. sniff. We've had a good run. sniff.
that's all.....

see all y'all on the other side.....

20190207_204342 - Copy.jpg

Came across an issue tonight that, unfortunately, is going to delay this a bit.

We're going to reschedule, date TBD :(

So the problems with the pictures just recently showing up as thumbnails instead of full sized has nothing to do with anything that is supposed to happen? o_O

That is part of the update actually, more comments on that here.

It was done to reduce load on our servers and make pages load faster, but if it's as unpopular as it initially seems to be I'm going to look into doing something different, maybe making it an option or something :s0155:

Joe, thanks for all your work on this, I'm glad I'm not the tech guy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top