JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Joe Link

Regarding Item #3:
Most bugs related to read/unread alerts should be resolved. Part of this fix required resetting alert options for all members to always mark alerts read when viewing the alert menu. This behavior can be changed in your account preferences by selecting the "Do not automatically mark alerts read" option, which will leave alerts in the alert menu until you view the content or mark them read.

I selected the "Do not automatically mark alerts read" option, then I closed and restarted NWFA, but I still have no alerts. I was under the impression that I would get back all of my unread alerts if I did the above. Is there a way to regain the alerts (~45 of 'em) that now seem to have disappeared?

Note: I was out for a week near the end of August installing my daughter in an out-of-state university. While still out of state, I caught the latest variant of The Plague. So getting over The Plague took a couple more weeks, and I'm just starting to work through my alerts. So, if you were wondering why I have so many alerts, then that's why. I just haven't had the time to get through them.
Sorry I had to laugh. "Installing your daughter" LOL! Not at you getting the plague though. Bummer! I REALLY hope that getting it again will lessen future attacks.
Your post, and I can just imagine at times the alerts are probably DOUBLE that! :s0112:
Feel better soon. :s0080:

@Mikej after playing with it, I can see this is going to need additional work to clarify what's what with the different alerts statuses (new, existing, read, unread, etc). Adding it to my list to update sooner rather than later :s0155:
As long as in the end I'm able to see the new alerts when I get on in morning is all that matters. Having to click to get them is no issue.

I have to go somewhere else to see new alerts
I have multiple alerts
1695221296719.png

As long as in the end I'm able to see the new alerts when I get on in morning is all that matters. Having to click to get them is no issue.
Works fine for me now. Only difference is I have to click alerts, no issue for me there. Thanks!

Good to hear @Mikej :s0155:

Unfortunately, I've identified a couple more alert-related issues:
  1. Alerts manually marked unread should stay in the alert menu until you manually mark it read or view the content. Right now marking an alert unread and opening the menu again will mark it read.
  2. As @Mikej pointed out, it's difficult to differentiate which alerts are new, which were read, etc.
Hoping to have both of these fixed ASAP and a bugfix update rolled out soon :)

So it's one of those downgrade type of updates... ;)
Yep! Happens often when you're relying on hobby developers.

This one wasn't too heartbreaking though; hover menu's are discouraged in web development these days for a variety of reasons.

Unfortunately, I've identified a couple more alert-related issues:
  1. Alerts manually marked unread should stay in the alert menu until you manually mark it read or view the content. Right now marking an alert unread and opening the menu again will mark it read.
  2. As @Mikej pointed out, it's difficult to differentiate which alerts are new, which were read, etc.
Hoping to have both of these fixed ASAP and a bugfix update rolled out soon :)
The way the new alert works just as good as, or better, as far as I'm concerned. Clicking on alerts is no sweat, and it saves the ones you haven't read.

This one wasn't too heartbreaking though; hover menu's are discouraged in web development these days
This makes good sense. The problem with hover was if you let the curser go out of bound(?), for lack of a better term, you lost the menu and had to hover again. I just have to get used to a click, instead, now.

This makes good sense. The problem with hover was if you let the curser go out of bound(?), for lack of a better term, you lost the menu and had to hover again. I just have to get used to a click, instead, now.
I ended up doing that all the frik'n time... aggravating... :mad: A simple click is probably more my speed... :rolleyes::confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top