JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just for clarification:
5FBFBF44-F946-4C72-813E-EE604B6FCF38.jpeg
so to those that own one, is the stock good(worth the $$)?
Hows the cheekwell compared to say a UBR, BCM, or ACS?
Hows it handle offhand?
Is it flimsy or sturdier compared to others?

Ive been interested in this stock for a while as the simplicity of a fixed stock attracts me and this one just looks good. Ive come to the conclusion that collapsing stocks provide very little if any use for me.
I currently have a magpul UBR and the UBR doesnt do anything wrong, but i prefer a better cheekwell for my face i like something closer to the ACS.
After measuring my ubr's extended length having experimented and found the "sweet spot" for me it comes to 10.4" (the stock not LOP) which is basically the length of the moe rifle stock.
I also am in the process of making my rifle lighter and the Rifle stock is about 4oz lighter then the ubr which isnt a whole lot.
I already spent 200$ on my ubr AWHILE ago but thats still 200.
So i guess the real question is this, if you already had a UBR and you had no big problems with it, would you replace it with the rifle stock or just keep the ubr?

Main factors are weight, simplicity, and comfort. Looks count but both look good so that doesnt matter.

Last Edited:
All depends what youre used to. MOE is a solid stock for the price for sure, pretty sure that has been proven a million times over. The cheekweld is decent, better than some (skeleton stuff, Troy pdw etc) but worse than ACS as you can see by the design. I think you can get snap on pieces to change the weld on the MOE now. The one I had on my Colt fit well, not much for jiggle in the Carbine, and very solid in the MOE rifle version.

IF you want a light stock consider the Daniel Defense carbine stocks, I believe they are lighter than the MOE.

Daniel Defense Stock Collapsible Mil-Spec Diameter - UPC: 815604016049

EDIT: Noticed now you said rifle not carbine. So disregard the DD rec.

Last Edited:
Simple solution to this problem...

Build another AR with the MOE Rifle Stock.

Shoot both, determine which you like.

Store the one you don't for special occasions.

Simple solution to this problem...

Build another AR with the MOE Rifle Stock.

Shoot both, determine which you like.

Store the one you don't for special occasions.
Economically thats not an option for the time being, though ide love to try getting a polymer one built and welded together just to test it one day

All depends what youre used to. MOE is a solid stock for the price for sure, pretty sure that has been proven a million times over. The cheekweld is decent, better than some (skeleton stuff, Troy pdw etc) but worse than ACS as you can see by the design. I think you can get snap on pieces to change the weld on the MOE now. The one I had on my Colt fit well, not much for jiggle in the Carbine, and very solid in the MOE rifle version.

IF you want a light stock consider the Daniel Defense carbine stocks, I believe they are lighter than the MOE.

Daniel Defense Stock Collapsible Mil-Spec Diameter - UPC: 815604016049

EDIT: Noticed now you said rifle not carbine. So disregard the DD rec.
Yeah just as a side note the dd is more of a buttpad to me then a stock. Just seems practically too short when ive handled it. Half of my cheek is on the buffer tube. But it is light as all hell. I dont want my gun to get fore heavy so thats one other area here. The rifle stock is lighter, but not by a whole much so maybe it will maintan balance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top