JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As per the norm what it will take is some kook to use one in some high profile crime. If that happens this will get the law makers going of course. I really like the SB4. It was more expensive but is so well made and so nice to shoot it's well worth the cost to me.

There is little difference between a SBR and a rifle just 6 inches of barrel. It is not that magpul is being ridiculous it is because the laws are ridiculous
Exactly. The laws are ridiculous because the NFA was intended to effectively outlaw machine guns, handguns and any rifle or shotgun converted to a handgun. At the last minute they pulled the handgun section and just left the rest in. It's never been fixed. With the GCA and FOPA they just added more stupidity. So we now have evil mixed with chaos topped with a double scoop of stupidity. That's where that smell comes from. :rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing with the fact the laws are stupid.

Im just easily amused by the level of stupidity of it all.

Im also thoroughly amused at the lack of manufacturers giving two poops anymore. It's as if Magpul is looking right at the ATF as they make these thumbing their noses the whole time.

They will sell, like hot cakes.

The really sad thing is all the money SB and KAK and the others make during these strange times, will not go to help any of us when the ATF finally calls it quits.

Exactly. The laws are ridiculous because the NFA was intended to effectively outlaw machine guns, handguns and any rifle or shotgun converted to a handgun. At the last minute they pulled the handgun section and just left the rest in. It's never been fixed. With the GCA and FOPA they just added more stupidity. So we now have evil mixed with chaos topped with a double scoop of stupidity. That's where that smell comes from. :rolleyes:
Not outlaw, just tax. FOPA was what effectively outlawed machine guns by closing the registry for new ones post 1986. That being said, IF the NFA was repealed machine guns would be legal again cause then they wouldn't need to be registered.

So, repeal the NFA.

Not outlaw, just tax. FOPA was what effectively outlawed machine guns by closing the registry for new ones post 1986. That being said, IF the NFA was repealed machine guns would be legal again cause then they wouldn't need to be registered.

So, repeal the NFA.
I get your point but what I meant was that a $200 tax on a brand new $20 shotgun or $30 rifle was effectively outlawing SBRs and SBSs. Most of the population would never pony up that kind of money and they knew it.

Things I appreciate:
  • companies that develop and sell pistol braces to the public
  • written notes from ATF approving the use and shouldering of said braces
  • the ability to use and keep a pistol in "near sbr configuration" while waiting for my tax stamp to arrive
Things I do not appreciate:
  • Criticizing companies for developing and selling pistol braces to the public
  • Criticizing the ATF publicly for approving the use and shouldering of said braces
  • Loosing the ability to use and keep a pistol in "near sbr configuration" while waiting for my tax stamp to arrive
Of course the whole thing is a big joke. Any/all gun regulation is a violation of our rights. That doesn't mean you won't be convicted and imprisoned for breaking the regulations.

Be grateful that braces are legal (for now), we will miss them when they are banned.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top