JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking 2020 should be a further increasingly interesting year for these grey area items.

SB Tactical at least does due diligence by trying to make the "arm brace" at least appear to be able to be used as an actual arm brace.

This is just getting silly in my opinion. Now most manufacturers are just taking their stocks, making them thinner, or just taking off the butt pad and putting on a loop of some sort.

This is not an "arm brace" if you ask me. My opinion, may not be yours.

1 of 2 things is going to happen soon. SBRs get removed from the NFA registry, or the ATF finally says NOPE.

1579210902787.jpeg
1579211245544.jpeg

I'm thinking 2020 should be a further increasingly interesting year for these grey area items.

SB Tactical at least does due diligence by trying to make the "arm brace" at least appear to be able to be used as an actual arm brace.

This is just getting silly in my opinion. Now most manufacturers are just taking their stocks, making them thinner, or just taking off the butt pad and putting on a loop of some sort.

This is not an "arm brace" if you ask me. My opinion, may not be yours.

1 of 2 things is going to happen soon. SBRs get removed from the NFA registry, or the ATF finally says NOPE.

View attachment 650641
View attachment 650644
I can tell just by looking that these are two different items with different purposes. The top one would be terribly uncomfortable to shoulder on many rifles and it's clear that's not what it is intended for.

I can tell just by looking that these are two different items with different purposes. The top one would be terribly uncomfortable to shoulder on many rifles and it's clear that's not what it is intended for.
1579220930911.jpeg

Literally the only difference between the two products is this.

1579220992197.jpeg

If history is any guide it is the latter. ATF can point at an object and say "that's NFA" with impunity. It was recently they placed a cheap sliding piece of plastic in the same legal category as a GE Minigun. Back in the 80s they classified all sorts of little bent pieces of metal as a machine-gun. There was even a period, though granted they reversed it, shoe laces combined with a key ring and a Mini-14 was an MG. And the list goes on and on.

The response to the braces has been curiously all over the board with multiple rulings, letters, etc. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they changed their mind again. Though I think NFA34 is stupid and unconstitutional, in fairness, people buy these things for stocks, not as braces.

I wish NFA34 would just go away, though it likely never will in our lifetime. Until then, I just slap stamp on it, and move on. (shrug)

While 1 would be nice.... 2 is far more likely and will likely result in the following;
1. Instant felonies of a great many owners
2. Instant revenue stream of taxes and a greatly expanded registry list
3. A new category of NFA firearms that are neither SBR nor pistols, but are not "AOW/Firearms" edit, this specifically refees to the over 26" OAL AR based, but not "rifle"/"pistol" firearms.
:rolleyes:

View attachment 650699

Literally the only difference between the two products is this.

View attachment 650702
That piece right there is what makes it a stock. To further demonstrate this case, the KAK shockwave blade is a brace.... then another company came out and made a "blade protector."

They went to the ATF to get an approval letter on it and got shut down. Big fat no. All NFA rules apply. So apparently what makes it a stock is the comfort factor because this somehow shows intent to shoulder it.

Even though you can now legally shoulder a brace as long as you didn't MEAN TO do it.

"braces" have been "stocks" since day 1 and we all know it. It's a clever workaround I can appreciate but that's about it. To me, it's fair play if I have to call men "women" and women "men."

That piece right there is what makes it a stock. To further demonstrate this case, the KAK shockwave blade is a brace.... then another company came out and made a "blade protector."

They went to the ATF to get an approval letter on it and got shut down. Big fat no. All NFA rules apply. So apparently what makes it a stock is the comfort factor because this somehow shows intent to shoulder it.

Even though you can now legally shoulder a brace as long as you didn't MEAN TO do it.
As long as you didn't get it for the sole intent to. "Occasional" shouldering is gucci. Just don't post it on youtube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top