JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wanting to buy a Ruger 10/22 Magpul backpacker (with the threaded barrel) which is still legal in WA as far as I can tell.

If it is, does anyone know a good FFL in southwest WA that isn't afraid to transfer it? Some I've seen said no semi auto rifles at all.

1705278577068.png

Rimfire rifle is exempt. You can get a 10/22 with threaded barrel.

Order it from Davidson's Gungenie, and have it shipped to RW Pawn.

Rimfire rifle is exempt. You can get a 10/22 with threaded barrel.

Order it from Davidson's Gungenie, and have it shipped to RW Pawn.
When I checked with RW the other day, it was $20 to transfer, $18 wa state tax and $20 to hold for 10 days. Almost $60 to transfer a firearm, and they're one of the less expensive!
Check with MTS Enterprises. Joe MIGHT be able to save you a few bucks anyway. He's listed under local resources here. Works by appt only, but good people.

When I checked with RW the other day, it was $20 to transfer, $18 wa state tax and $20 to hold for 10 days. Almost $60 to transfer a firearm, and they're one of the less expensive!
Check with MTS Enterprises. Joe MIGHT be able to save you a few bucks anyway. He's listed under local resources here. Works by appt only, but good people.
That's a private party transfer charge. It's a different set up if you ordered directly from Davidson's, gallery of guns. Davidsons is the distributor. RW is the retailer. You order from Davidson's website and it ships to RW. I'm pretty sure they still have to charge you the $18 state tax, as of January 1 this year. But there shouldn't be any $20 or $40 transfer fee. Because it's a retail sale. Not a private party transfer.

I ordered stuff from them all the time and have it shipped to RW. Davidson ships second day air. RW calls you when it comes in. And you pay for the gun. I've never seen any private party transfer fees added to my bill..

And relating directly to the question from the OP. I ordered a 10/22 that came with a threaded muzzle less than a month ago.

But that is good to know that there is another resource with Joe at MTS. Thanks for the heads up.

That's a private party transfer charge. It's a different set up if you ordered directly from Davidson's, gallery of guns. Davidsons is the distributor. RW is the retailer. You order from Davidson's website and it ships to RW. I'm pretty sure they still have to charge you the $18 state tax, as of January 1 this year. But there shouldn't be any $20 or $40 transfer fee. Because it's a retail sale. Not a private party transfer.

I ordered stuff from them all the time and have it shipped to RW. Davidson ships second day air. RW calls you when it comes in. And you pay for the gun. I've never seen any private party transfer fees added to my bill..

And relating directly to the question from the OP. I ordered a 10/22 that came with a threaded muzzle less than a month ago.

But that is good to know that there is another resource with Joe at MTS. Thanks for the heads up.
I have used Davidsons several times. When you look at a gun from them they offer you a choice of dealers in your area. Each choice will show you a break down on cost and the out the door cost so you can pick which dealer you want to use. GREAT little set up.

Do you carry threaded barrels for a 10/22 I already own?

Well take that law makers :s0140:
While I love that someone is doing this as a poke in the eye to moronic laws I would be VERY leery of trying this with a can. If things did not line up perfect it would be a PITA to promptly damage a can that someone jumped through hoops and paid the money for. Still love the idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top