JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where did you get that info from? I just purchased a ranch north of Dallas and just last week I saw a chopper on my neighbors property using the chopper to push the hogs out in the open and mowing them down.
Unfortunately the State of Texas has recently outlawed helicopter hog hunting. The entire nation knows that Texas has a real bad hog problem. Along with Texas themselves. But try and book a hog hunt for a decent price. Some of the prices they charge.....I could go on an Alaskan Moose hunt.

:)

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 3.13.08 AM.png

Last Edited:
Where did you get that info from? I just purchased a ranch north of Dallas and just last week I saw a chopper on my neighbors property using the chopper to push the hogs out in the open and mowing them down.

That's awesome, when is the first annual NWFA hogstavaganza? :D:D:D
Good luck in Texas, you do realize that it gets hotter than Hades down there, right.:p;)
I've got family in Benbrook.

see post 25...Supposedly if it ever comes loose you have just enough time to scream JESU.....

Dang, no, he never mentioned that! He was a fixed-wing guy, but did do auto-rotations in a Chinook. He said those big choppers dropped like a rock when they did their practice - scared him to death - and probably helped his hatred of helicopters.

Dang, no, he never mentioned that! He was a fixed-wing guy, but did do auto-rotations in a Chinook. He said those big choppers dropped like a rock when they did their practice - scared him to death - and probably helped his hatred of helicopters.

I was surprised to see the term actually refers to a real part... when I Googled it. Through the years, I always assumed it was just a scary story to be used on first time helo riders... and then passed on to the next victim. ...
Dang...there really is such a thing ....glad it took decades to find that out... Now that I am a lot closer to the end it doesn't seem like an all too bad way to go out...screaming obscenities all the way down ! :eek:

Actual picture of a "jesus nut".( main lock nut ). that you would never want to install incorrectly, it keeps the whole rotor head from departing the main gearbox, and departing the helicopter.:eek:

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.03.46 AM.png

i would still LOVE to go shoot at targets from a moving helicopter though.:)

My old flight instructor (a Navy F-4 guy), often told me that a helicopter is "10,000 moving parts all trying to do you bodily harm at the same time" At the time, I had some thoughts of going into the army for choppers. He discouraged me from that path.

But even though the choppers are trying to kill me, I'd take that flight in a heartbeat - if someone else was paying ;)

Ya , but fighter pilots train, burn holes in the sky,and wait there whole lives to make one missile shot, and that shot may never even come.
Helicopter pilots pop up over the tree line and kill everything in sight, then fly back to base and are home by 7:30pm, drinking beer and making love to their super model trophy wife.

Ya , but fighter pilots train, burn holes in the sky,and wait there whole lives to make one missile shot, and that shot may never even come.
Helicopter pilots pop up over the tree line and kill everything in sight, then fly back to base and are home by 7:30pm, drinking beer and making love to their super model trophy wife.

P1010502_zps28a15671.jpg

Unless they are in the Air Cavalry, living in pup tents in the mud and moving around like a bunch of gypsies. Seldom in the same A.O. two nights in a row.:s0106:

Last Edited:
I was surprised to see the term actually refers to a real part... when I Googled it. Through the years, I always assumed it was just a scary story to be used on first time helo riders... and then passed on to the next victim. ...
Dang...there really is such a thing ....glad it took decades to find that out... Now that I am a lot closer to the end it doesn't seem like an all too bad way to go out...screaming obscenities all the way down ! :eek:

That's my plan.... kicking, screaming, and clawing the whole way.... at 100yrs. ;)

Been up in a few choppers, would love to again quiet the rush in one of these.
Now add some firepower and I'm in. :(Sadly my pocket book is not :cool:

Anytime you want to come out. I have 1000 yard setup and ready to go, also my new airstrip. I'm moving there for the heat. 2 years is all I could take here, I know it's been the worst winter you guys have ever seen but I'm just not into this type of living. I miss flying a lot and the weather here is so hit and miss and comes in so quickly it's just not practical.
That's awesome, when is the first annual NWFA hogstavaganza? :D:D:D
Good luck in Texas, you do realize that it gets hotter than Hades down there, right.:p;)
I've got family in Benbrook.

Anytime you want to come out. I have 1000 yard setup and ready to go, also my new airstrip. I'm moving there for the heat. 2 years is all I could take here, I know it's been the worst winter you guys have ever seen but I'm just not into this type of living. I miss flying a lot and the weather here is so hit and miss and comes in so quickly it's just not practical.

Gotta follow that dream wherever it takes you.;)
I on the other hand am a mountain man of sorts with Moss growing on my back so I'm stayin. Lol;)
I'll keep in touch!!!:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads