JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Theres plenty of talk about this, its where we get red flag laws from.

And not all bad guys have criminal or mental health -records-, so what would you do about preventing someone like that from getting a gun... so easily?
Lets start with the easy part, shall we? The Lewiston shooter should have had his guns taken! Period! The red flag laws that the dip-o-crap's are always going for would have the law invade someone's abode and clean them out for a shouting match between spouses. There is a HUGE difference there.

Breaking the law is easy. I can think of any number of laws I can break right now, you can't stop me. The consequences of the actions would be death or imprisonment but if someone doesn't care about any of that you can't stop someone.
So obviously more gun laws are not the answer here

Pretty easy for me...I just go into a store, say "box 'er up" fill out the standard form and give them money... It's like a 5 minute process. I'm not sure what the difficult part is supposed to be

Not complaining, I like that it's easy to buy guns.
When measured against everything else the consumer can go pick up and buy in a store, it is not easy.

When measured against everything else the consumer can order online and have shipped to their door, it is not easy.

When there is no rhyme or reason as to whether or not you get instantly approved or thrown into a multiple hour/day queue, it is not easy.

If your definition of easy is just that something is not mentally taxing, then sure, I guess it's pretty easy. But let's not be complacent or thankful here that the process is somehow as simple as buying a gallon of milk; because that is how it really should be.

When measured against everything else the consumer can go pick up and buy in a store, it is not easy.

When measured against everything else the consumer can order online and have shipped to their door, it is not easy.

When there is no rhyme or reason as to whether or not you get instantly approved or thrown into a multiple hour/day queue, it is not easy.

If your definition of easy is just that something is not mentally taxing, then sure, I guess it's pretty easy. But let's not be complacent or thankful here that the process is somehow as simple as buying a gallon of milk; because that is how it really should be.
I mean, to me it does seem about as simple as buying a gallon of milk... heck I've purchased more firearms than milk gallons. I really don't understand why people say it's difficult to buy a gun. It is neither physically nor mentally taxing and is hardly time consuming to do so.

If your definition of "not easy" is having to put in effort at all, then sure I suppose buying a gun is "not easy"

What bothers me the most is that law enforcement will come down hard on anyone with assets that they can seize, but let known no good criminals walk with a citation.

Last Edited:
Lets start with the easy part, shall we? The Lewiston shooter should have had his guns taken! Period! The red flag laws that the dip-o-crap's are always going for would have the law invade someone's abode and clean them out for a shouting match between spouses. There is a HUGE difference there.
The Lewiston shooter had a mental health record. Thats a different subject. We are talking about the Louisville Bank Shooter, who had no criminal or mental health record. He bought his gun legally just like any other lawful person can.

The question remains unanswered:
"not all bad guys have criminal or mental health -records-, so what would you do about preventing someone like that from getting a gun... so easily?"

^This is 100% the truth.
When gun controllers say its "too easy" to get a gun they are lying.

Enact a background check to enter a library.
Enact a background check to walk down the street with a sign that says Trump For President-2024.
Enact a background check before entering a movie theater to watch a movie.
Etc.
Etc .
Etc.

You can almost hear the waling and gnashing of teeth from the American people.

The Lewiston shooter had a mental health record. Thats a different subject. We are talking about the Louisville Bank Shooter, who had no criminal or mental health record. He bought his gun legally just like any other lawful person can.

"not all bad guys have criminal or mental health -records-, so what would you do about preventing someone like that from getting a gun... so easily?"
Lets start with the easy part, shall we?

It is neither physically nor mentally taxing and is hardly time consuming to do so.
It is for a prohibited person to buy a gun.

The issue is when the system fails the gun controllers lie and claim "its too easy" when its not. The truth is to improve the system to keep the bad guys on the list.

Lets start with the easy part, shall we?
lost me.
Im just looking for an answer to my question.

Only if that driver intended to cause a fatal accident. This bank shooter, apparently, premeditated this event.
They don't have to intend to cause the accident. Impaired driving is a common cause of fatal accidents, and few of these drivers have bad driving records. When the first incident is the fatal, there is no forewarning.

They don't have to intend to cause the accident. Impaired driving is a common cause of fatal accidents, and few of these drivers have bad driving records. When the first incident is the fatal, there is no forewarning.
Comparing a premeditated murder to an accident is not apples to apples. I understand what you're trying to say, however I have to disagree with the validity of your comparison

It is for a prohibited person to buy a gun.

The issue is when the system fails the gun controllers lie and claim "its too easy" when its not. The truth is to improve the system to keep the bad guys on the list.
I don't know how many more times we have to go round and round about this... So I'll just bow out and say "you win" and that buying a gun is the most difficult thing a person can do. Guess I'll just ignore the next time I and many others will walk in and out in 5 minutes, new gun in hand.

When gun controllers say its "too easy" to get a gun they are lying.
There is no absolute standard for "too hard" or "too easy." So, they are not lying as such, but have a different idea of what easy and hard might be with respect to firearm purchases. Phrasing it in moral terms shoots you - and me - in the foot.

Want to keep losing legal battles by making pro2a viewpoints readily dismissable as boy in the bubble banter?

My comparison is only to point out the futility of predictive criminalization. Or preemptive criminalization, if viewed in another perspective. Either way, it is a draconian response to a perceived "problem" that takes away civil rights without achieving the stated goal.

I don't know how many more times we have to go round and round about this... So I'll just bow out and say "you win" and that buying a gun is the most difficult thing a person can do. Guess I'll just ignore the next time I and many others will walk in and out in 5 minutes, new gun in hand.
Im not here to win any discussion and respect your comments here. I felt I had a point to make and tried, its ok if I didnt make it. I'll let it go.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top