JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Want to purchase a couple of trail cams but there are so many different types out there, so here is some info to narrow down what I can afford and my idea of what I want… I'd like it to be under $100 and have a trigger speed no slower then 1 second. Preferably black flash (invisible led glow). Any opinions and reviews from your experiences with your cameras would be appreciated.
Max

Darn, was hoping you (we) would get some good feedback here..... Did you come up with anything solid elsewhere?
Yea, I did some research and read a whole bunch of customer reviews and narrowed down to one camera that gives you the most for your dollar (in my opinion). The brand is Stealthcam and the model is, G42NG(no Glow) Black flash. I already have experience in the field with five other brands of cameras and the other four Stealthcam's of different models that I own, I find them more reliable if you set them up correctly and do your part and more user friendly. I ordered 3 of these new models from E-Bay, priced at $105 a unit with free shipping. It was the best price that I found them at, Compared to Midway for $159.99+Shipping, Spotsmans Guide was only $10 cheaper and Amazon has them for $129.95 with free shipping. This is just my opinion from my research. I'm not new to trail camera's, as I've used them for scouting for close to 8 years now. Hope this helps.

http://www.trailcampro.com/trailcamerareviews.aspx

Make sure you hide them well, a lot of dirt bags out there that like to steal other peoples cameras,,, :mad:

That's why I haven't bought one yet... The only place I would set one up is on private property. Maybe way, way off the trails if I were looking at a certain place but I'd be pissed to hike miles in to find someone else thought it was a geocache prize or something.

http://www.trailcampro.com/trailcamerareviews.aspx

Make sure you hide them well, a lot of dirt bags out there that like to steal other peoples cameras,,, :mad:
I've placed my cameras in the past on logging trails behind closed gates, still realizing that there is human traffic but took a chance at it and in case someone would not withstand the temptation and rip me off, I placed a couple more trail cams more concealed along the trail on the way out of the dead end logging trail, just to see who the culprit was. To my surprise it lasted there over 3 months as I periodically checked on it and 90% of the people who passed and showed signs of noticing it, were honest members of society. The armpit of society showed himself eventually and I managed to get great shots of him in the act and exploit him a little on public media (Facebook, craigslist and some folks put it on other sites like Twitter). I now try to keep them more concealed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top