JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just tried on my new pancake holster for my Colt 1903 .32 auto. Just like I thought, it doesn't show, even under just an untucked T-shirt. Perfect for summer CCW.

For the PF9, did you try the Hogue grip for it? I heard about the grip but I didn't know if that fixed the problem?

I don't know about the PF9, but I put a Hogue grip on my Kahr P9 and it made a HUGE difference. I'm not talking about pain when shooting, I just mean the fit in my hand was so much better.

I'm a big fan of the Kahr CW series. Everybody always suggests the PM series, but for me the CW is the perfect fit. It's offered in .40 as well.

It doesn't have a safety, but it does have a right handed magazine release. Don't know if you can switch it to the left side or not.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Kahr CW40? I found a shop that sells Kahr and I thought it seemed pretty nice. I hear you have to break them in with about 200 rounds which doesn't seem too bad. Also, I found that Kahr sells a ported barrel, which seems like it would be great for recoil reduction. I did read on another forum that Kahr will void your warranty if you fire handloads, is this true? If so, forget it because I won't go back to buying ammo except self defense ammo, though I may even reload that if I don't find what I want.

I just bought a Kahr CM9 and am wondering what took me so long. It's absolutely reliable SI far, 250 rounds without a single MISFEED, FTE, jam, etc and thats with my 115 gr round nose and 124 gr flat nose reloads, Hornady Critical Defense rounds, 124 gr +P Speer Gold Dots, and 147 Golden Sabre rounds. Pocketable in an Uncle Mike's holster and invisible in an IWB holster, all for under $400. What's not to like here?

And yes, all the manufacturers say firing handloads will void your warranty. This is why you should be religiously careful when reloading. Why? Because shooting reloads will only void your warranty if you do something stupid like load outside of published parameters or try to do something else at the same time you're reloading, thereby double charging a case or doing something else equally careless, and blowing up your gun. You could argue that getting mad at the manufacturer in those circumstances might qualify as what we in the psychology business refer to as rationalizing, displacing anger, or being developmentally frozen in an adolescent state. To provide a personal example, I still claim that the giant Ford truck's bumper that destroyed my Toyota Corolla when I was 16 and ran into it while trying to drive and simultaneously pick up my spilled McDonald's fries off the passenger floorboard had no business being there in the first place. I had a similar thought when I fired my CZ P-07 a couple of years ago and suddenly got flames in my face and then found myself holding only a polymer frame while all the other parts were sort of scattered around me. But I put them all back together, replaced the slide stop spring, and it still worked fine, even if it did always smell a little charred afterwards. But I didn't send it in for warranty. I would have had to get mad at them if they said I'd been stupid and was at fault for loading a stray 147 grain 9mm bullet that I'd accidentally dropped into a container of 115 gr bullets, charging it at what was already a fairly high velocity load for the 115 gr rounds, and blowing up such a fine firearm. Like I could have avoided that or something. :)

What about an XD 40 subcompact? It has a 3" barrel. I bought one and has a XD gear with that has both a 12 round and also a 9 round. I got the Pearce Grip extension for the 9 round magazine.

I carry a PF9. It fits any pocket. I does indeed kick a bit and has some roughness to it. But I've gotten used to it. Initially it had some reliability issues, FTF / FTE. But it went away after the first two hundred rounds. I've been feeding it mostly UMC.

The PF9 is easily brought under control with a houge grip and the +1 magazine extension
pf9mag2.jpg

I'd recommend taking a look at the Beretta Nano. No safety to worry about, mag release is easy to switch into southpaw position, and it's wicked easy to conceal. Mine has 350 rounds through it now, without a hiccup, and it's a heckuva lot more comfortable to shoot than the baby kel-tec 9mm.
-Curtis

PF-9s are garbage. I had one for EDC, and it was a terrible experience. Failures to extract with every ammo I tried (WWB, federal, hsm, Speer 115 gr gold dots, speer 124 gr +P gold dots, blazer aluminum, pmc brass, Remington umc). The Kel Tec forums are full of talk about doubling or tripling up extractor springs to try to fix this.

Shooting them is punishing. They kick heavily, and they are LOUD. Using one for SD (no ears) would be painful.
I have a KT P-40 with the .357 SIG barrel, it's as reliable as anything I've ever owned. It does take some getting used to. If you limp wrist it you will get jambs and misfeeds though.
And yes, it is LOUD and punishing to shoot, but it's a defensive weapon, not a long range target pistol. In a defensive situation you may not even hear the gun fire if you're focused on the danger.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Kahr CW40? I found a shop that sells Kahr and I thought it seemed pretty nice. I hear you have to break them in with about 200 rounds which doesn't seem too bad. Also, I found that Kahr sells a ported barrel, which seems like it would be great for recoil reduction. I did read on another forum that Kahr will void your warranty if you fire handloads, is this true? If so, forget it because I won't go back to buying ammo except self defense ammo, though I may even reload that if I don't find what I want.
I bought a P45 from a dealer that was a factory demo. It's been shot some, then returned to Kahr for refurb. So far not a problem with it. No idea haw many rounds through it though, but as long as it fires when I want and hits what I'm aiming at I don't really care.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top