JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be interested in a NWFA club get together/swap meet a few times a year at various different venues so all could have a chance to attend regardless of geographic limitations (not everyone likes to travel too far). Members could trade/sell, tell stories/lies, maybe do some clinics/seminars in related fields of interest. BBQ something and maybe a few beers at the end of the evening, get one of the hundreds of local brewery's to sponsor maybe?

Plan it on a weekend when there are no other gun shows in the area! RE: NW.com,
I suggest to expand the topics for discussion. Your moderator "deadeye" is having too much fun deleting discussions.

It's too bad the shows can't change. I have gone to them most of my life and they started down hill with government intrusions. When it takes an hour to do an "instant check" it basically ruined the shows.

What would be better is to form a club with no new gun vendors allowed and only club members could buy or sell. Might be able to get away from it being a "gunshow" and call it a club meeting event or something. Only members allowed, you could join same day if you have a ccw, otherwise you can't buy or sell at the club meeting. Lifetime club memberships and a family type organization.

Just a thought.o_O

You would have to have 25 guns less..My club did that once so 25 guns max over that it's a gun show.

As long as there are less then 25 guns present for sale or trade, then it's not a problem, but over 25 then Oregon law now says you have a gun show and the mandatory background check rears it's ugly head.

I'd like it to be private party only, buy/ sell/ trade. maybe Have a pre show area here to preview and entice interest.
I know this wouldn't be popular but I wouldn't mind a Sheriffs table to run the numbers to avoid later problems. I had a gun taken away from me years a go that I bought at a gun show from a private party , and really didn't like the 20 questions game. Nothing came from it for me other than the loss of the money and firearm but it was still a hassle.

Last Edited:
I think you can call the state police and ask them if the gun is stolen. I don't know if there is a fee. I have sold a couple of guns private party. If the buyer has a CHL, I write them a bill of sale and keep a copy. If they don't have a CHL, I do the $10 background check which checks for stolen guns and proves the buyer is not a prohibited person. It's not worth the risk of selling to the wrong person to save ten dollars.

I've been following this thread with interest. My son in law and I are going to the show in Albany this weekend. As a noob, this will be my first gun show but as a professional photographer for 35 years, I am very familiar with camera "shows," "swap meets," and "conventions." From my perspective, what I'm trying to get out of this weekend is education and connection. Sure, I'll bring my wallet, but chances are I'm primarily there to see what's on the used market and the logistics involved. No one ever asked me for id to purchase a used camera! In fact, one of the reasons I applied for my CHL is for ease of transactions. But back to the main thread. This summer, I'd be more likely to attend something where a bit was for sale but mostly vendors with representatives were there to answer questions. And if beer and hamburgers were present, that would help with networking.

Last Edited:
Camera's are not allowed inside the show. The Albany shows are the best in my opinion. I also enjoy the Grants Pass show, small but interesting. Plus there is a flea market in the triangle that has some ammo, scopes and magazines and a range just north of town where you can shoot for $7.

I'll ask a couple of questions, but feel free to add whatever input you have :)

1. Do you think gun shows still have their place, or do you consider them a thing of the past?
Based off the ones I have been to , thing of the past.
2. What do you like best about gun shows you've attended in the past two years?
Something to do on Saturday
3. What do you like least about gun shows you've attended in the past two years?
High prices, no selection. Now with UBG, what is the point. Same stuff every time.
4. What could be done to improve gun shows, and/or set ourselves apart from others?
That is going to be a difficult one

I've been following this thread with interest. My son in law and I are going to the show in Albany this weekend. As a noob, this will be my first gun show but as a professional photographer for 35 years, I am very familiar with camera "shows," "swap meets," and "conventions." From my perspective, what I'm trying to get out of this weekend is education and connection. Sure, I'll bring my wallet, but chances are I'm primarily there to see what's on the used market and the logistics involved. No one ever asked me for id to purchase a used camera! In fact, one of the reasons I applied for my CHL is for ease of transactions. But back to the main thread. This summer, I'd be more likely to attend something where a bit was for sale but mostly vendors with representatives were there to answer questions. And if beer and hamburgers were present, that would help with networking.

You can't buy a gun at the show without a background check.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top