JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question for you all. When buying at a gun show and waiting for the background to complete, I assume the gun stays with the vendor until all is finished? So then if you bought from a vendor who came from a long way off, you would have to travel to his location to pick up the gun some days/weeks later? Either that or have it shipped to an FFL local to you? (assuming there isn't an instant approval). Is this correct or am I forgetting something?

At an Albany Gun Show over the weekend this issue came up for me. If the background check had not been completed before the end of the show, I would have to travel to the dealer's location to pick up the firearm. The background check was completed around two hours after the purchase so this issue didn't come up. Might a good reason to attend gun shows earlier rather than later in the day. The dealer did have to retain the firearm until the background check was completed.

At an Albany Gun Show over the weekend this issue came up for me. If the background check had not been completed before the end of the show, I would have to travel to the dealer's location to pick up the firearm. The background check was completed around two hours after the purchase so this issue didn't come up. Might a good reason to attend gun shows earlier rather than later in the day. The dealer did have to retain the firearm until the background check was completed.
I assumed that was the case. With some people having to wait weeks for the check to complete, trying to purchase from a non-local-to-you dealer becomes much more of an issue.
Thanks for the reply

My last purchase at a gun show. was...
My Ruger Old Model Bearcat :D...I had to wait , thanks to Washington's dumb azz laws.

How it worked was like this...
I bought the Bearcat from the seller...we used the FFL dealer at the show for the BGC....
I then picked up the Bearcat at the next show ( about 2 weeks later ) from the FFL dealer.

I sure do miss the days of a no hassle face to face deal at shows and such.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top