JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With so many money scams it's easy to just say forget it and deal face to face. Places Zelle, venmo, PayPal and cashapp can be reversed on the buyers side once they've received the firearm. There still has to be some level of trust between the two parties, and for many on here, trust isn't given freely.

Yes I completely understand a lot of people just don't want to mess with shipping for whatever reason and I totally respect that what I'm getting at is that a lot of people I mean a ridiculous amount of people I come across on this group selling a firearm truly believe it is not legal to ship a firearm they think they have to go to their own FFL in their Town pay an FFL transfer fee and then pay that FFL to box and ship the firearm to my FFL only to pay the same fees again and that's just simply not true and I think it's a lot more people new and understood what the shipping laws were that maybe they would consider it more. 🤷

With so many money scams it's easy to just say forget it and deal face to face. Places Zelle, venmo, PayPal and cashapp can be reversed on the buyers side once they've received the firearm. There still has to be some level of trust between the two parties, and for many on here, trust isn't given freely.
Zelle and CashApp won't reverse payments.

When shipping anything, what about using an escrow service like GunTab? I have not used them yet, but it seems like escrow is the only way to really protect buyer + seller in these cases.

I keep miss estimating my fedex costs. I learned under 52" box or additional charges. With insurance for a rifle last time was $65. Any tips? I think fedex increased their fees recently.
I shipped a few long guns within the state a year ago, and USPS slow boat was around $40.

I shipped a handgun once. It was a KelTec PF-9. Small package. UPS requires overnight air shipment. It cost $75.00. Are you saying FedEx is different?

Steps for how to ship firearms

Shippers with a Federal Firearm License
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.
Nonlicensee shippers
Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

Tell me how shipping guns with FedEx works again?
I just sent a handgun via UPS back to FNAmerica in South Carolina from Texas. Had a pre-printed label from FN on it that said 2nd Day Air on it. Ups took 5 days for it to reach SC! Wonder if UPS gave FN a rebate ?

I just sent a handgun via UPS back to FNAmerica in South Carolina from Texas. Had a pre-printed label from FN on it that said 2nd Day Air on it. Ups took 5 days for it to reach SC! Wonder if UPS gave FN a rebate ?
My story about the keltec was the first gun we bought. It was for Wifey. It was a dog, we were naïve as hell and paid for the shipping back to keltec. Got the gun back fixed, and sold it at a good loss. Hope it did well for the guy that got it.

I just shipped a revolver to a famous custom gunsmith who is also a licensed manufacturer, He told me to tell UPS that is was parts and to ignore their stupid game. He said all that they are doing is gouging gun owners. He also told me how to label his companies name so as not draw attention to the package.

When he is through with the custom work that he is doing, and this is my third handgun that he worked on, he will return it ground UPS directly to me.

If you send a firearm into Ruger or most any other manufacturer, it will be returned to you via ground label. If you need to ship a firearm to Ruger, they have a process for purchasing a shipping label that allows the firearm to be shipped via ground UPS.

Don't forget, mailing guns also requires going to the post office or DC... which is a pain regardless.
This is true my friend but on the opposite side of the spectrum if you're not finding any buyers locally and you've got people that will buy it if you ship it then I guess you got to decide if you want to earn your money or not 😁

It's funny everybody talking about what could possibly happen but not one person sharing a experience of something bad that actually happened I've been shipping guns for 20 years never had a problem once.

In my case, it's a question of hassle and risk; I'm aware that it can done legally. One big variable I've run into with recipient FFL's is how some are extremely knowledgeable and efficient and some are clueless. I'm talking about the kind of guys who don't know how to use computers, so they make their grandson do it "some time this week" and the grandson, in turn, spells a name wrong or something, and the BGC gets delayed, etc, etc. I just figure I don't wanna invite headaches into my life.

Im not understanding the risk. Its mentioned the risk of payment being reversed... why would you ship before you get the money in your account?

Im not understanding the risk. Its mentioned the risk of payment being reversed... why would you ship before you get the money in your account?
I think what people are talking about is some companies will allow a seller to get the charges reversed and then they keep the gun and they got your money. That's the biggest scam going on Facebook anyways.

I think what people are talking about is some companies will allow a seller to get the charges reversed and then they keep the gun and they got your money. That's the biggest scam going on Facebook anyways.
How is this possible once the money is in your account?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top