JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shipped a revolver off for custom work in early 2021 from a Fed Ex office and they charged an arm & leg for it $155!! I called around and no one locally wanted to ship. I think sooner or later the shipping of firearms will be a tactic used to cut into sales both from business and private citizens. There is UPS office 1 block from me and refuses to accept anything firearm related for shipping. I sold a small 22 rimfire mag for a older MArlin and I just casually mentioned it and he stopped handed it back and absolutely not from his store. He has the right to refuse as does any business but I won't use them for anything again regardless of convenience.
UPS Stores are not our friends but the Hubs are.

The few I have sold online, the buyer sent me a USPS money order, and I sent them the liberty tool fully insured. One buyer sent me a nice check from his investment company (legit) so quick that I realized whoops that one went too cheap :s0112:

Maybe the money order days have passed? I hope not, it seems fairly safe if you verify the M.O. as legit, and as seller, I sure would not pull a ripoff involving federal uh blah-blah-blah ....
"..... liberty tool...." that has a lovely ring to it.

I'm becoming very flustered. I keep seeing guns far away that I want. I ask if they will ship on my dime. It's so easy and yet I get the same answer from everyone
" I don't think that's legal or I'm not comfortable with that"
YES IT IS PEOPLE!! 100%
I'm really hoping this post will start spreading awareness to members yes it is very easy very legal and usually very cheap especially if it's a handgun!
You walk into FedEx with it in a box and inside that box you include a Xerox copy of your driver's license and you ship it 2-DAY FIREARMS SHIPPING not to the person but to their FFL. Done! Rifles can be done through anyone you want to use LIKE USPS snail mail but handguns however must go through FedEx 2 day firearm shipping. And those are usually about $10

View attachment 1162765
I assume if it's a muzzleloader you can ship directly to the person, unless there are some areas where that isn't legal. Will any FedEx ship a firearm or just some of them?

I assume if it's a muzzleloader you can ship directly to the person, unless there are some areas where that isn't legal. Will any FedEx ship a firearm or just some of them?

The problem people have when trying to ship is not the carrier its the counter person. A LOT of them have no clue how it works. Many will tell the person its against Federal Law for them to do it. Of course arguing with people like that is a waste of time. All you can do is hope someone with a brain is there. If not it can be very frustrating.

You do not have to ship it overnight you have to ship it a minimum of 2-day firearm shipping and it costs about 10 or 15 bucks I've done it many times. That's why you paid so much.
FedEx info posted on post #9. An FFL is needed to ship FedEx.

Info for UPS below.

Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically:

• UPS Next Day Air® Early
  • UPS Next Day Air®
  • UPS Next Day Air Saver®
(Note: UPS Express Critical™ Service is not available for firearms)

UPS Accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the following:

• The part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law
  • The contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm
  • The package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law
Receivers or frames of a firearm and firearm mufflers/silencers (also referred to as "suppressors") are also considered as "firearms." They are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS' requirements for shipping firearms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top