JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_nc_ohc=HWvxyC9zRLgAX9P7i0c&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

20 years ago when I was riding, I had an old Yamaha 1100. It was comfortable and plenty fast enough for me, but I could tell that some of the other guys at work looked down their noses at it. They were all hard-core sport bike guys, and their only interests seemed to be horsepower and speed. They were constantly badmouthing "stupid old cruisers". Whatever, I just ignored it. To each their own.

My pride and joy. There seems to be like a weird wave thing all bikers seem to do to each other except me. Can't figure out why. Maybe I have the wrong helmet or something.

8291E0F0-D267-4BCE-AED9-C7C80223ACD1.jpeg

Or that they handle, or don't leak, or keep running, or don't blind you with the chrome.
No arguments there. :)
I'm not a Harley guy myself, never even been on one, but I have several friends who are. In my experience the primary (and perhaps only) reason to ride a Harley is because it's a Harley. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. :)

Inkedindex_LI.jpg

There's a lot of truth in this.

I've owned 40 motorcycles since I bought my first Yamaha in 1969. And I've ridden many others.
I can ride and/or buy anything I want.
That said, my absolute favorite is Harley. They're not the fastest, or the smoothest, or the cheapest, certainly not the lightest, and some say they're not the most dependable. (Mine have not received that memo.) But to me, they are the best compromise of most categories. They are tremendously comfortable on a long ride. And they are the most gorgeous.

I don't give a rats as$ what anybody else rides, but it's always comical to hear so many other folks tell me my Harley is wrong.:cool: Pushing 70, I still ride my Harley. I'd bet money the folks riding crotch rockets or other sport bikes today wont be riding them when they're my age.

Real 2A people don't want anyone telling them how to think or what to buy, but these same people are extremely critical of everybody else.:s0060:

Another benefit of riding a Harley...We don't have to wear Power Ranger suits.

Last Edited:
They don't go, stop or corner....

And i always forget they cost the same as a car....
But they must sure be fun to ride! :)

A guy I worked with quite a few years back went out and bought a brand new Harley Sportster. He put a bunch of extras on it: more chrome, a windshield, etc.. He's absolutely anal about his stuff, takes meticulous care of his vehicles and detailed records of every dime spent.

Several years later he decided that he just wasn't into it, and put it up for sale. As I recall, it didn't take long to sell, but he was complaining at work that he'd "sold for a loss". He'd bought the darn thing brand new, put a couple thousand dollars in extras on it, rode it a couple years, and sold it used for only $200 less than he "had into it".

I was dumbfounded! Do they really sell that high used? We told him he was nuts to complain about that, because that was amazing!

I do not begrudge anyone their choice of toys.

But I do observe that some toys are more for show than go.

I buy and ride motorcycles for the go, not the show (granted, my bikes have been sitting in my shop without going anywhere for quite a few years now - but for other reasons I won't go into).

To each their own.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads