JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have obviously not been on many forums.

I have been on some than make this one look un-moderated.
I've been an active member of several offroad forums for about 12 years. Pretty much anything goes. Admittedly this an waguns are the only fire arms forums I've joined. Like I said, I mainly did so to get info on getting active in the fight to save the 2A. I dont use facebook/twitter,etc. The tight rules and sensorship is not what I'm used to. I can respect the forum for not allowing personal attacks and insults though.

I am a former member of a gun forum (sort of - the Henry forum) that allows zero, no/none political discussion, 2A , or even current events. Their moderators are very dictatorial and unrelenting.

What is left is very limited membership (2K +/- members - after many years) and redundant, stale discussions about mostly nothing but interspersed by some posting pics of their lifestyles, vacations expensive homes & vehicles.

The Second Amendment isn't about your "right" to hunt or punch holes in a paper target. It's your right to protect yourself, your loved ones and your country. It's been political since the beginning of the Republic.

That political nature goes far beyond who is trying to ban what. It includes non firearm politics (like riots and murders of political activists) because those things create an environment that makes it more likely we will have to exercise the Second for the purpose for which it was created.

You can bury your head in the sand and wish for rainbows and unicorns, but that isn't what is happening. Hell yeah, I'd like to go back to just talking about guns and telling jokes, but right now that's like taking a nap on railroad tracks and not expecting to get run over by the next train.

Just my two plated zinc coins...

Hell yeah, I'd like to go back to just talking about guns and telling jokes, but right now that's like taking a nap on railroad tracks and not expecting to get run over by the next train.

This is the wisest post I have read on NW Firearms! The discussions here are a microcosm of what is going on right out our doors and what is coming for us if we are not prepared. The people believing this election is for al the marbles are right as that is the way our two party system works and with the delta between the two principal parties being the largest it has been in my 50 plus years of paying attention the stakes are high.

If we cannot find a way to talk here where the most damage is bruised egos we stand no chance on the streets and in the legislative bodies. Politics is ugly,
but it is way better than the alternative.

I am a former member of a gun forum (sort of - the Henry forum) that allows zero, no/none political discussion, 2A , or even current events. Their moderators are very dictatorial and unrelenting.

What is left is very limited membership (2K +/- members - after many years) and redundant, stale discussions about mostly nothing but interspersed by some posting pics of their lifestyles, vacations expensive homes & vehicles.
Sounds like a party :s0114:. It really stinks seeing the hit forums have taken. A couple of forums I was on closed up shop due to lack of use, when a few years ago they where the place to be. Most forums seem to be slowing down:(. I dont know what the draw to facebook,Instagram,etc. Is but you cant beat the tech/info available on forums

These posts are offensive to vegan and animal rights advocate gun owners. Stop creating division!:s0115:

" Personally I would mind removing all political and news stories and just get back to firearms, shooting, and maybe some hunting/fishing for fun.
You want to share a recipe for deer jerky? Your favorite fishing spot (LOL)? Perfect. NWFA is a great place for that.
I can not deny that jerky recipes do draw my attention.
There are only two forums that I give money to, here and a bbq related site... But right now its sunshine outside my door and my smoker/grills/guns are a callin me.

Seems like this could be like walking on a "Knife Edge*." So many things that are going on around us directly affects our gun rights.

I joined because I am a gun enthusiast and wanted to connect with like minded members. I also wanted to be made aware of what is going on in the world affecting my right to bear arms. I do get sick and tired of the same thing being posted over and over again - mostly political dung that I avoid by not watching the news on TV.

I am hoping that the changes will make NWFA a better place for those interested in firearms and still impart knowledge about what is hiding in the corners to make enjoying firearms more difficult.

*Knife Edge - Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

One difficult aspect regarding posting: the better, ther snarkier, the more personally satisfying our posts, the more likely they are to cause grief to mods and admin, never mind fellow members. Over the course of a few decades, it is both wearying and wearing upon them and us. We rent the forum. They own it. Let us try to avoid using it like a rental car. Unity requires humility and sacrifice - both being in short supply in our culture. Humility includes silence, often when we most feel like sounding off. Unity requires a focus on the big picture, the "common good", the ideal outcome and how we can achieve it. Sacrifice is also in the DNA of humility. We cannot achieve the forum goals separately; our only chance is striving (i.e. struggling, combatting) together.

The Second Amendment isn't about your "right" to hunt or punch holes in a paper target. It's your right to protect yourself, your loved ones and your country. It's been political since the beginning of the Republic.

That political nature goes far beyond who is trying to ban what. It includes non firearm politics (like riots and murders of political activists) because those things create an environment that makes it more likely we will have to exercise the Second for the purpose for which it was created.

You can bury your head in the sand and wish for rainbows and unicorns, but that isn't what is happening. Hell yeah, I'd like to go back to just talking about guns and telling jokes, but right now that's like taking a nap on railroad tracks and not expecting to get run over by the next train.

Just my two plated zinc coins...
THIS RIGHT HERE!
The trick going forward is to find a blend that fits this sight, so that we CAN discuss relevant topics and issues, with out going off the deep end and turning this into another dumpster fire of a sight where rules are only suggestions to be ignored by those with no skin in the game!

So maybe rather than closing threads that are getting off the rails, give the posters who make personal attacks a break lets discussion continue. 24 hours for the first infraction. Add a day for each act of buffoonery. Moderator judgement is not subject to review for 1 or 2 day vacations. This lets the thread continue with a hope of getting back on track.

Basically, y'all need to take a deep breath, and let Joe and the Mod team get things back to where they need to be, stop causing problems, and play nice during this transition, and it will likely have few ill effect on those who are not drama kweens!

Basically, y'all need to take a deep breath, and let Joe and the Mod team get things back to where they need to be, stop causing problems, and play nice during this transition, and it will likely have few ill effect on those who are not drama kweens!

So our discussion about what basics we are getting back to is causing problems? Forum is naught without members and posts.

(...)
You can bury your head in the sand and wish for rainbows and unicorns
(...)

Those who do not share your perspective are not "burying their heads in the sand" nor are they "wishing for rainbows and unicorns."

This isn't exactly an ad hominem...closer to a straw man...either way, it castigates your opponents without even attempting to address an opponent point.

Exactly the kind of thing the mods are trying to change, no?

So our discussion about what basics we are getting back to is causing problems? Forum is naught without members and posts.

You couldn't help but post an anti-dem chart and link in a thread that has NOTHING to do with politics. Maybe NWFA isn't for you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top