JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So much of the angst displayed by members has to do with the reality of the world we are now living in. It's fun to joke about the "loyal' opposition, but that opposition has changed and become the monster under our beds. If it weren't for our 2nd Amendment this bard would be about knitting or something else. Like it or not, the world is a different place than when we got here and careful, well thought out discussion is an integral part of changing peoples minds. Personally, I get a little annoyed with those that just jump in with some Rambo-like answer to a particular subject. Most gun owners that I've met tend to have above average intelligence (in addition to being above average looking and are particularly talented in the marital arts) and can be persuaded with logic and sound reasoning.
Gunny,. Corps is always spelled with a S, lololololol, just saying..

I was really following you on this ^^ post until you got onto describing members attributes and realized, maybe, I don't fit in so well after all. :D

I don't know where else I could go to get info on the latest destruction happening just a very few miles from my home. I'm sure not going to be able to turn on the local, or national news to see what's happening. Huge appreciation goes out to those members that search the webs for actual footage of what's going on in "this" town, (I can't call it my town anymore). If I lived somewhere like St Helen's I'd probably enjoy blocking the crap that goes on here completely from my mind.
I understand your situation. What happens in PDX affects the whole of Oregon and beyond. St Helens is not a bubble, it is a bedroom community of PDX - just a little farther out. I worked in the World Trade Center for almost 10 years and couldn't imagine doing it now.

My point, that I didn't make very clear, is that all of the posts on NWFA have to be moderated/managed. This means more work for our Moderators and Joe Link. I don't think that the changes will completely block out current events that could potentially affect our gun rights and planning for defense. I think that the easier we make it for the owner/administrators of the site, the more freedom we will have. We need to think about the number of posts that it takes to get a point across or relay information. LESS IS MORE.

I support removing all politics from this board going forward. As of late I have tried to not create political threads as I am probably responsible for the cause of more threads being closed than most. lf I hear something I think is crap I will respond to it, this would remove the largest impetus for this. I also find that threads like "political humor" is political discussion in disguise, it does this site no good other than to separate the membership. If you think that there are no democrats on this site I think your wrong.

Well put. I personally avoid the political sections as a lot of the content I either disagree with or it doesn't align with my political beliefs. It's easy for me to just ignore them and focus purely on the firearms/shooting related content that has always been great. That being said, if Joe wants to remove them altogether, I support that decision. Without them, this is still a fantastic site that I will continue to use regularly.

LOL!

10338.png

Divisiveness in the world of politics is always going to spill over into other venues. I also noticed this on the homeschooling email list I used to belong to. Every time an election would roll around, the normally quiet and considerate moms would start taking whacks at each other. It's not surprising, either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top