JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This site is a great resource for the 2A and firearm related topics. The folks here have helped me advance and make informed decisions with my collection/hobby. I know the current events of these days have many on edge and tensions run high. I think if we can collectively cool our jets and stick to our guns, we could keep the high emotion topics to a minimum and focus on firearms and related legislation.

There are only two forums that I give money to, here and a bbq related site. There may be storm clouds on the horizon, and historically there always have been. But right now its sunshine outside my door and my smoker/grills/guns are a callin me.

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times. I'll raise a glass to the best of times and my fellow contributors here.

Removing Poliical/Current Event Threads will not help the cause. It may make for more polite discussion between member of the choir, but it does not engage.
I also got the same email and if the site does not want political and current event discussion, that will be NWFirearms loss.
And maybe I am the poster they want to get rid of as the threads I was paying most attention to were locked.

I wouldn't miss the Firearms News forum. It's 1% news, and 99% ranting.

I find what I need to know about developing issues at places like the Second Amendment Foundation website.

The primary reason I joined this forum was to get info on current issues that effect our 2A rights.
This is already by far the most heavily moderated forum I've ever been on. It is my opinion that if someone is offended by what they read in a thread they should move on to a different thread. Not a fan of all the tight rules and sensorship. Hate to see good threads closed due to a couple bad apples.

How about we talk about guns? How about we talk about politics when it DIRECTLY involves gun ownership and the 2A?

How about we not lynch members that seem to lean towards the left or even down the middle? Plenty of gun owners aren't hardcore right wing, including me. We will NEVER all agree on politics, so why try to convince someone to think just like you? It won't work, no matter how much you want it to.

How about we not talk about every shooting in Baltimore/Chicago/New York and then let it devolve into racial discussions and so forth? A shooting is not REALLY about guns, or should I say the countless threads made about them aren't. It's in the news. We can all read. Do we need to discuss every one at length?

How about we not have 12 threads about wearing masks and how much we don't like it?

How about we not link to every conspiracy theory website about chemtrails or 5G or flat earth nonsense? You like that stuff? Cool. Plenty of places to fantasize about tinfoil and the most effective hat shape to stop aliens from reading your mind.

You want to share a recipe for deer jerky? Your favorite fishing spot (LOL)? Perfect. NWFA is a great place for that.

Seems fairly straightforward to me.

And if you just come here looking for a fight.....looking to argue no matter what the topic is because it makes you feel good about yourself or whatever.......

Get lost.

How about we talk about guns? How about we talk about politics when it DIRECTLY involves gun ownership and the 2A?
Seems fairly straightforward to me.

I cannot think of anything that is more important to the ownership of and proficiency with firearms that being prepared for the current political and social insanity which is a real threat to our way of life and more. We ignore that reality at our own peril.

We ignore that reality at our own peril.

We're a pro 2A forum so those discussions will remain, also if something needs our attention regarding the 2A we'd want to know.

That said politics dripping into every facet of our lives gets old, how many have stopped watching pro-sports because of all the politics/woke-ness? If I/we want a political conversation there are 500 other places to go.

I cannot think of anything that is more important to the ownership of and proficiency with firearms than being prepared for the current political and social insanity which is a real threat to our way of life and more. We ignore that reality at our own peril.

You quoted me even after I said political content DIRECTLY regarding the 2A is ok. People are foaming at the mouth these days trying to defend their party or bash another. That's the kind of thing we are trying to stop here. There are hundreds if not thousands of posts that are politically driven that have nothing to do with gun ownership. This site will NEVER be a Republican-only site. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed. For EVERY American.

I'm as 2A as anyone.

As in - The Second Amendment of The Constitution of the United States of America.

As long as we can all agree on Common Hallowed Ground , well then - count me in.

How does complaining about them here help? Honestly?
Well, complaining probably doesnt help. Spreading upto date info and spreading awareness may help though.

The kanosha kid for example. With the info available it would apear (to me and many others) that he was exercising his 2A right to self defense. Much of the msm is ignoring that info and spreading the story that a "far right, white supreme, Trump descipel" came looking for trouble and mowed down peaceful protesters in cold blood, using a full semi auto ar15. And of coarse this leads right into blaming guns and calling for bans. How this case plays out will impact gun owners.

That said, I can not deny that jerky recipes do draw my attention.

Just read a letter from joe link that I'm sure you got too. It saddens me that he has had his vision of this site so altered by members who have no regard for the reason we are here, guns and the second amendment, sharing experience, knowledge, and camaraderie. I got here about ten years ago, when it was fun, hung out in chat, made friends I could rib a bit, bought a few guns and sold a few.
Boy things have changed, harsh political opinions seem to be popping up everywhere, derisive posts and divisive attitude seem to prevail.
Frankly I don't even give a damn about your politics, I don't give a damn about politicians, and parties. From here on out I vow not to get involved on this site in any of that crap. It draws us away from our objective here, promoting legal gun usage, education, sharing knowledge, and maybe having a bit of fun.

I posted something a while back (here iirc), about being divided. We need to focus on what brings us together, the things we share in common. Not on our differences. If we continue on the path we are on, being unable to present a cohesive front, the lawmakers are going to be able to steam roll right over us.

Quick confession time, I thought at first Joe Link just sent that message to me. I looked and looked to see what I might have said.

I've quit other firearms forums because the threads on guns are dwarfed - in number and size - by those on social and political topics. So, so many other forums available for that stuff.

The primary reason I joined this forum was to get info on current issues that effect our 2A rights.
This is already by far the most heavily moderated forum I've ever been on. It is my opinion that if someone is offended by what they read in a thread they should move on to a different thread. Not a fan of all the tight rules and sensorship. Hate to see good threads closed due to a couple bad apples.
Try thehighroad.com

:eek:

Quick confession time, I thought at first Joe Link just sent that message to me. I looked and looked to see what I might have said.

On first glance I took the same email as directed at me for something I said. Then it dawned on me it was a form letter. But then I watched
the threads I was following closely get shut down. And while they were hot, there was also some timely and relevant information.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top