JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's a Mini 30 ?
Ok looked it up and well for the money would go with a Ak or a Sks . The argument for the Ak would be mags are easier to find and cheaper plus it is reliable and accurate . The Sks used to be cheap but again super reliable and accurate . That is just my 2 cents but if the Mini 30 floats you boat I am not one to judge have at it my friend it is a hobby .

It would be the same with the 556 platform why go with a Mini 14 when you could have the AR ? Then again I have heard horror stories about the Ruger No #1 and it not being accurate and well found out different lol. 727AA9F5-0FC4-46C6-9A57-449117EDE6FF.jpeg

Last Edited:
My 7.62x39 guns are AKs, I don't need any other 7.62x39 guns. My 5.56x45 guns are ARs, bolt guns and single shots, I don't need any other 5.56x45 guns. I had a couple Mini-14's when I was younger but these days the Ruger Mini is just a "meh" to me. I'm glad you like yours though and I say rock on.
:s0151:

There was a time in my life when I wanted a Mini 14 but the ergonomics did not fit me for LOP and it was just very uncomfortable. I suspect I could have gotten a better aftermarket stock but just never pursued it .

I've shot a lot of Minis over the years and owned a few. Presently have zero in the battery, though I like the Mini-14 and the AC-556, for what they are. They seem to garner a lot of negativity; some of the criticism is warranted, other is bullplop repeated by the clueless.

If the Mini-30 is working for you, then most joyful, and congratulations. No reason to overthink it. :s0155:

"Victoria Webster"
OK, ya got me. I thought her name was Jaime Sommers (Lindsay Wagner).
If this is some veiled reference to something sexual, then Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia are of no help.
I give...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top