JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What still amazes me(I'm naive) is all the dumb fookers standing around directly behind the officer and the suspect. The officer is discharging her weapon, not in silent mode, and these idiots are downrange of live fire ammunition....

I guess that i shouldn't be surprised. I watched a police intervention in my town where there were four lit up police vehicles and police/sheriffs out in force. Folks were walking aroud and through the scene like nothing was happening.

I suppose it would be nasty of me to hope that the ghost of Darwin showed up......

What still amazes me(I'm naive) is all the dumb fookers standing around directly behind the officer and the suspect. The officer is discharging her weapon, not in silent mode, and these idiots are downrange of live fire ammunition....

I guess that i shouldn't be surprised. I watched a police intervention in my town where there were four lit up police vehicles and police/sheriffs out in force. Folks were walking aroud and through the scene like nothing was happening.

I suppose it would be nasty of me to hope that the ghost of Darwin showed up......

They are lucky she is the accomplished shot that she is, 6 for 6. There are plenty of cops that would dump their mag and still not get 6 hits.

Another drug zombie. The only thing I see when I watch that is that stupidity has reached critical mass in humans. All those morons standing there behind the clown, still standing there when she starts to fire. I have to guess all of them must have had their phones out trying to get their :15 by getting a good video of it. People get the hell out of the Cops way. I have to guess this is too many generations of too much TV and movies. :confused:

The amount of people standing around not helping people. The report of the man stabbing himself. The picture at the scene makes the shooting plausible. The rules say the shooting was legal.

Too bad the schools and media can't convey that aspect of life. You don't have to be a subject to the government but you better know the rules to the game.

So many things workin' against ya, huh? I know the feeling... :oops:

Idk man... looks fishy too me. He was way far away and no threat.

dpiRcOu.jpg

That looks like less than 21 feet to me. Maybe 17 or 18. Good shoot IMO.

Okay, its really hard to tell how far he was actually. Idk It is just my personal opinion, that as a trained police officer, you should be able to take away a "carpet knife" from some without having to shoot them *shrugs*. After all, she could also just retreat backwards to gain distance after shooting 4 times. Still amazing how calm she was.

Okay, its really hard to tell how far he was actually. Idk It is just my personal opinion, that as a trained police officer, you should be able to take away a "carpet knife" from some without having to shoot them *shrugs*. After all, she could also just retreat backwards to gain distance after shooting 4 times. Still amazing how calm she was.
I am a psych nurse trained in deescalation and that is a chance I would not take. Knives can be lethal and he was well within a zone he could kill. Having seen it take a hell of a lot of people to subdue an angry person with a sharpened piece of plastic, and with a knife... Nope, your position here is dangerously naive.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The real tragedy is that his genetic material has already made a young adult, and that one will probably keep the cycle of poor decisions going.

Not to mention that he was methed up, although she couldn't have known that at the time. So there's that...

I would say so -- that white stripe and the gap between is supposed to be 10' long.
In WA, the highway stripe segment is based upon a 40-foot segment with a 10/30 repeating pattern; 10-foot stripe, 30-foot gap.
But that's for highways and interstates. In town, the segment will typically be a bit shorter, as will be the line itself. Many cities in WA have their own standards.
Not sure how Kommiefauxnia does it...

Last Edited:

We play a fun game in defensive tactics training where someone gets a red sharpie and the other one tries to subdue without getting "cut". That's why its a game and not part of the curriculum. You ALWAYS get cut.

I am just saying, they don't always have to shoot people dead. BUT, I wonder if him getting back up had something to do with the drugs!? Was that confirmed that he was on meth? If so...crazy!!! I wonder if someone not on drugs goes down faster?

Was that confirmed that he was on meth? If so...crazy!!! I wonder if someone not on drugs goes down faster?
I read it in the article that was linked in the OP.

From the article (emphasis mine):

A coroner's autopsy would later show that Hernandez had methamphetamine in his system. Witnesses said he rejected any assistance and appeared to be cutting himself in the cab of his truck. (A medical examiner later noted cut marks on Hernandez's forearms.)

I am just saying, they don't always have to shoot people dead. BUT, I wonder if him getting back up had something to do with the drugs!? Was that confirmed that he was on meth? If so...crazy!!! I wonder if someone not on drugs goes down faster?

She was victorious in her violent encounter, you would die if you were in her shoes.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top