JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am just saying, they don't always have to shoot people dead. BUT, I wonder if him getting back up had something to do with the drugs!? Was that confirmed that he was on meth? If so...crazy!!! I wonder if someone not on drugs goes down faster?

No two creatures react the same after being shot. Whether its animals or humans. Some absorb hits and some go down quick. The most important thing is you're shooting for a reason, to stop an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. When you have stress, fear, adrenaline, and a motivated aggressor, you take the shots that give you the highest probability of a hit that will stop a threat. Those areas contain vital organs. Their death is a consequence, not the objective.

No two creatures react the same after being shot. Whether its animals or humans. Some absorb hits and some go down quick. The most important thing is you're shooting for a reason, to stop an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. When you have stress, fear, adrenaline, and a motivated aggressor, you take the shots that give you the highest probability of a hit that will stop a threat. Those areas contain vital organs. Their death is a consequence, not the objective.

That's right, "stopping power" (a lame term IMO) is directly related to the threat's willingness to stopped. Stopping the threat is the goal, death is sometimes the byproduct.

We play a fun game in defensive tactics training where someone gets a red sharpie and the other one tries to subdue without getting "cut". That's why its a game and not part of the curriculum. You ALWAYS get cut.

But wait! In the movies, the guy with the knife, that's on top of the victim and has both hands on the handle, pushing it down at the victims face.....really slowly, never wins.

But wait! In the movies, the guy with the knife, that's on top of the victim and has both hands on the handle, pushing it down at the victims face.....really slowly, never wins.
Well, sometimes he does...

People who judge cops for shooting knife wielding threats are either morons or have a desire to see cops harmed/killed.

We've reached a point in society where such a large percentage of the population are human garbage or complete idiots filled with sentimental notions of utopias that the concept of a drug addict POS knife wielding person being a menace to society is viewed favorable than that person paying the price for their choices.

ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

Take a moment and watch this video. Guns are not magic wands.

There's a video of a knife event that took place in some South American country where about 7 armed cops tried to talk down a knife wielding guy, they seemed to not respect the knife enough, the guy rushed them, sliced one of their throats (he gurgled until he died) and stabbed others before finally going down from gunshots. People who don't respect knives probably have watched to many movies. Movie characters often take an ungodly amount of bodily damage that would have long killed people in reality.

Alright, I stand corrected.

More video for your continued education. Guy gets throat slashed despite being a cop (with other back up) and assailant only having knife and not from a position of surprise.

1) "I suppose it would be nasty of me to hope that the ghost of Darwin showed up...... "
Reminds me of the video from some 3rd world midden pit in which several onlookers assemble to watch the self-proclaimed "expert" defuse an unexploded munition. Much hilarity ensues.
2) Having observed the behavior of meth enthusiasts in the past, his actions are consistent with the "speed crazies."
It makes people belligerent and at least partially impervious to injury and pain.
3) Yup - She's a babe.
4) Check out Surviving Edged Weapons if you think a knife is anything less than a deadly weapon.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top