JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent the following to Senator Brian Boquist a few months ago.
As for the 2017 session, I have several ideas for legislation I would like to see presented and I am willing to help with. I am a firearms owner and I manage a federally licensed shop in Beaverton. I am tired of seeing our 2nd Amendment rights corroded away due to the corruption and billionaire cash flow that is running rampant in the Democratic Party of Oregon. I want to go on the offensive in 2017 and I would like your help Senator.
1. Abolish the FICS unit of OSP and utilize the FBI NICS system.
The FICS unit is small and understaffed. They have difficulties processing background checks and take months, and sometimes years, to investigate delayed transactions. The FBI offers the NICS system with better efficiency, at a faster rate, and with more protections for purchasers. People who advocate for the abolishment of firearm ownership will argue that the FICS unit does a better job because they just look at the state of Oregon. However, the NICS unit has access to more funding and better data. If the Oregon State Police are not providing information to the FBI then they are putting Oregonians at risk due to incompetence. The NICS system is also free and does not require information about the firearms being purchased. This will increase the amount of people who conduct private sales actually utilizing the system.
2. Mandatory minimum sentencing for possession of a firearm in the commission of a violent felony.
The Democrats keep insisting their goal is to "end gun violence," but then they keep advocating legislation that lets criminals back on to our streets. Legislation like this will actually punish people who commit violent felonies with a firearm. There is no arguing that a violent felon with a firearm should not be in prison. The officer that gave his life for Oregonians last month in Seaside would be alive today if we had this legislation. I find it would be difficult for any legislator to argue that cop killers should be roaming streets.
3. Concealed Carry Reciprocity with other states.
I know this has been tried several times, but Floyd Prozanski's jihad against Oregonians must be stopped. Submitting this legislation again with the proper backing will continue to make the case that it is not about public safety, but about making it as difficult as possible for Oregonians to defend themselves. Just as one example, Utah requires a mandatory, in person, minimum 4 hour class, and yet they supposedly have fewer requirements than Oregon? This is common sense legislation to allow Oregonians and other Americans the right to defend themselves here and in other states.

And thankfully a few minutes ago I got a response from his Legislative Assistant!
Norm,

We submitted your 3 proposals for Bills to Legislative Counsel last week and will send you a copy of what they put together for your review when we get them back and before we submit them to the Secretary of the Senate as actual Bills.

Marjorie

Hopefully we get some effective bills!

A response? wha......?

(I have an email address of one of the lawyers on the legislative counsel if you want to tell them how not to F up the bills )
Lets see what they come back with first. Apparently they are going to send me drafts for review. I'm excited, my very own legislation, depending on November, it might even make it to the floor for a vote!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top