Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Legality of CCW with a fully automatic handgun?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by CharlesAFerg, Oct 28, 2010.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I was having a conversation with an associate, and neither of us had an answer to the following two questions.

Is it illegal here in Oregon for a concealed handgun license holder to conceal a fully automatic handgun? (eg. Glock 18C/converted glock)

Is it legal to conceal a fully automatic "pistol," (eg. an AR pistol or Krinkov style AK with no stock), registered as a pistol? Are these classified as handguns or are they forced into the "SBR" category due to fully automatic capability?

2. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Why not a duel shoulder rig slinging two full auto UZI'S.

I do not know about the legality of such, however, I would hate to see the civil court case the would surly follow should you ever need to use it.

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

As far as a NFA regulations go, they are not considered "pistols" or "SBRs", they are machine guns, doesn't matter if it has a stock or not. Doesn't really answer the question, but just saying that the configuration doesn't make a difference in classification.

4. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Noted, although I'm not planning on carrying a fully automatic pistol. I'd just like to clarify what I spoke with my associate about.

Aha, one down. Thanks for the clarification.

So, next up, legality of concealed carry..?

5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I would say that you'll have to look at the ORS/federal statute for what is defined as a 'handgun', as that is what you are licensed for.