JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The RSO's do a pretty good job across the board with regards to the rules, but they can't possibly know about every gun configuration that is out there and that it's ever changing. If you feel that the RSO on duty that you are interacting with is not giving you correct info, then by all means, talk to the CRSO. If it turns out the RSO gave out incorrect info, it will be addressed with said RSO so that it there are no issues moving forward. Also, some RSO's are more well versed in a particular discipline or range vs others.

When I was an RSO, my weak spot was the BP range and Shotgun fields as those were areas of the club that I personally never used. The action range on the other hand was my strong suit as I spent 90% of my time at the club at that range and therefore was more confident with the rules etc, on that range.

Again, if you are having an issue with an RSO for whatever reason, please contact the CRSO. If she is not aware of a potential issue, she cannot help to rectify it. If done respectfully, then we as club members and RSO's can help each other out and get better together on both sides out the gun. We are all on the same team, after all. :)

No, but look at the articles/etc. on why the Shockwave is a "firearm":

Almost every one says it is not a shotgun because it never had a buttstock on it. Put a buttstock on it and it becomes a shotgun and cannot go back to being a "firearm" because it is a shotgun.

Unlike pistol/rifle conversions, once a shotgun, always a shotgun.

With a pistol it starts out as a pistol and can be converted back and forth.

But if you have an AR that starts out as a rifle, it will always be a rifle.

The rules and regs and laws are not logical, but there you are. They are what they are.

Put a buttstock on a Shockwave and it becomes a shotgun.
This is my understanding as well. For what it's worth.....

TCGC has great facilities I gladly paid money to improve! The club has spent a fortune and countless hours trying to stay open in an increasingly hostile neighborhood. It has changed!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top