JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My skill level 1 online search skills are finding very few leather options for CZ carry. I am too fat for IWB and would prefer a thumb break for cocked and locked carry, or thumb break over decocked BD/PCR models. Anyone found such a thing?

Horizontal shoulder rigs from triple k. Carried a witness 45 full size comfortably for a while. All leather not some cheap gun show junk.

Concealment Holsters Archives - Triple K

Purchase the harness holster and magazine pouch separately. With a little trial and error it'll fit perfect.

I have shoulder damage, makes it difficult to use a iwb or owb holster, cross draw or shoulder rig works for me.

Last Edited:
Another vote for AE Nelson.

MTR Custom Holsters also does excellent custom work and makes several different shoulder rigs. Made me a nice closed end holster for my FN with laser and the quality and comfort was worth the price.

I see a lot of recommendations open top holsters, the OP requested a shoulder holster and OWB with a thumb break, if open top holster are an option I'd give Ken Null a call, he has specialized in CZ holsters for decades.
K.L. Null Holsters Home Page
I don't see where he requested a shoulder holster, just an OWB and preferably a thumb break. Being a chubby guy myself, I find IWB quite comfortable with a Kydex holster, even a G19 size. a shoulder holster not so much!

I don't see where he requested a shoulder holster, just an OWB and preferably a thumb break. Being a chubby guy myself, I find IWB quite comfortable with a Kydex holster, even a G19 size. a shoulder holster not so much!

Read the title of the thread.

I was going to bring that up and decided not to but since you did I'll also mention that comfort, IWB and a spare tire can indeed go together. It is more important to have over-sized pants (I know, as if they aren't large enough) and a solid quality belt designed specifically to carry a holster. All things being equal I find leather to be more comfortable than Kydex.

And I agree with you, shoulder holsters suck for daily use, I have always considered them to be a niche holster much like an ankle rig or pocket holster and would only use them if say my lower back was killing me from doing something stupid and can't stand the pressure of a belt holster.

For that matter, I'm not a fan of thumb break holsters either, if I require more retention than a properly molded holster then I'll go to an ALS.

What I am finding is that multiple holster makers profess to make holsters for the Rami
BD carried decocked, but they really don't know how to fit the thumb break. I suspect that the blue dummy guns they use have the hammer in the fired fully forward position, and these companies don't realize that this model is different than a Beretta where the fired and decocked hammer is the same position. Once I actually get my hands on a physical holster that is properly made I will report back here.

I always considered picking up the Rami, then found it kept getting bumped down the list of priorities.
I'm tagging your topic for trials and tribulations. It may lead to a nice holster for the P-01 as well.
I look forward to your findings!

What I am finding is that multiple holster makers profess to make holsters for the Rami
BD carried decocked, but they really don't know how to fit the thumb break. I suspect that the blue dummy guns they use have the hammer in the fired fully forward position, and these companies don't realize that this model is different than a Beretta where the fired and decocked hammer is the same position. Once I actually get my hands on a physical holster that is properly made I will report back here.

I ordered one of these holsters awhile back for my Phantom. It was a nice holster, and I was looking for a good leather option that was affordable and would fit my P09 as well. I returned it promptly for the reasons you mention. I agree that they do not appear to test it with the hammer in de-cocked position. I should have been more suspect with the blue pistol in the pictures. Lesson learned.

Of note, my P09 fit "better" than the Phantom, as the P09 has the squared-off, race-style hammer vs. the ring-type, and on the P07/P09, the hammers tend to de-cock a bit lower than the P01, SP01, PCR, etc. Subtle, but important.

Lobo incorrectly built a holster for me. I sent them pictures of the problem. They built a second holster for me which was also wrong. They ignored my complaint about that one until I started a PayPal dispute. Thanks to PayPal I got my refund.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top