JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A while back, a guy on a sportbike was weaving in and out of traffic, cut me off, then accelerated like a bat out of you know where. I saw some thing fly out from under his jacket, then bounce off the hood of my truck :mad:. Thankful it didn't hit my windshield, I just continued on. When I got home, I found a Glock 42 in the bed of my truck. Like a dummy, I turned it in to the cop shop, and they said if no one claimed it in 90 days, they would contact me, and it would be mine. Surprise, I never heard from them, and when I tried to check on it, they had no idea what I was talking about. :(

A while back, a guy on a sportbike was weaving in and out of traffic, cut me off, then accelerated like a bat out of you know where. I saw some thing fly out from under his jacket, then bounce off the hood of my truck :mad:. Thankful it didn't hit my windshield, I just continued on. When I got home, I found a Glock 42 in the bed of my truck. Like a dummy, I turned it in to the cop shop, and they said if no one claimed it in 90 days, they would contact me, and it would be mine. Surprise, I never heard from them, and when I tried to check on it, they had no idea what I was talking about. :(
Wow. Clearly a runaway gun, abused and mistreated by its former owner. I woulda just said "Come to Mama, lil Glock. I know how to treat a gun. I know how to make you feel like a gun ought to feel." And I woulda cleaned it up, bought it an additional mag or two as a homecoming present, and taken it out for a first get-acquainted shooting session. And as for reporting anything--Gun? What gun?

Last Edited:
Wow. Clearly a runaway gun, abused and mistreated by its former owner. I woulda just said "Come to Mama, lil Glock. I know how to treat a gun. I know how to make you feel like a gun ought to feel." And I woulda cleaned it up, bought it an additional mag or two as a homecoming present, and taken it out for a first get-acquainted shooting session. And as for reporting anything--Gun? What gun?
As I said, "like a dummy, I turned it in" ;) Upon hindsight, coulda, shoulda, woulda. Next time I know better. :)

As I said, "like a dummy, I turned it in" ;) Upon hindsight, coulda, shoulda, woulda. Next time I know better. :)
Right. I think the first instinct of most gun owners, especially those of us with CCWs, is to be scrupulously law abiding, given any reasonable option. However, Oregon is getting more and more unreasonable. All private sales or transfers now have to go thru processes that essentially create a gun registry, and I dont like that at all. I think in this situation I'd figure I was rescuing an abused gun, not transferring it. As far as I know, the Oregon laws dont forbid keeping a gun that runs away from its former owner and jumps into your truck of its own volition.

Grip zone obviously was not grippy enough. Dork who lost it either left it on the car, purposefully tossed it, or was wearing some POS Uncle Mikes nylon crap, or cheaper chinese knockoff.

Cudda been worse, could've been a Sig P320, and the headline would be about a gun bouncing down the freeway on its own, murdering motorists, puppies, and butterflies. :rolleyes::s0108::s0070:

Lakewood PD believes it may have been used in a nearby park shooting just prior to being "recovered".
Not all people are automatically "law abiding" due to their ownership of a certain type weapon. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews