JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your not old enough.......my hunting/fishing disabled vet/ old guy licence was something like 30.00 for 3 years including my permit to shoot from a vehicle. Washington state even has disabled vet licenses for non residents.

Lou and my buddy Tony each have a Pioneer license... this permanent and free license is now $6 a year. :rolleyes:

Although I'm a vet, I'm not vet disabled. I moved here in 1980, so I don't get the Pioneer license. I'm 65, so I don't get the senior license. Which used to be cheap, it's not anymore.

My license costs $41 plus $9.95 for the Columbia River stamp. :mad::mad::mad: Next year this license will be $44!!! ODFW is a money grubbing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's why I sold my boat!!! Can't afford to go to Brownlee, can't afford to go to Wallowa Lake. Bought a $50 license last year to fish a little lake only 10min away, but my buddy wanted to go up to Lostine River... I was running very high and we never wet a line. Didn't go the rest of the year!! :(:mad::mad::mad:
Sad day for lots of people when they realized it will cost the 30 bucks to fish in the lakes even more if you need a parking pass

Here's a idea how bout the state of WASHINGTON use the tax money they collect from the WEED market and use it to pay for the homeless drug addicts .and use the money from fishing and hunting license to take care of the fishing and hunting .env environment not tax every one for every thing to take care of USELESS drug addicts living on the street .I don't want my taxes going to support the scum on the streets .I don't care if they live or die .you want my money to give them drugs then give them REAL DRUGS THE ONES THAT WILL END THERE SUFFERING .AND OUR SUFFERING TOO .ONE INJECTION AND DONE .LOAD THE FERRY FULL OF BODIES TAKE IT 50 MILES OUT TO SEA AND FEED THE CRAB

Lou and my buddy Tony each have a Pioneer license... this permanent and free license is now $6 a year. :rolleyes:

Although I'm a vet, I'm not vet disabled. I moved here in 1980, so I don't get the Pioneer license. I'm 65, so I don't get the senior license. Which used to be cheap, it's not anymore.

My license costs $41 plus $9.95 for the Columbia River stamp. :mad::mad::mad: Next year this license will be $44!!! ODFW is a money grubbing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karen will be home from a week with her Red Hat ladies group in California over the weekend. Once she has a couple of days for her liver to clear out the alcohol, we can meet down on the river or Wallowa lake. We will get the boat ready over the weekend. Monday I have horses going to the trainer but maby later in the week. Let me know what you think. All you will need is your gear and licence. We have never fished north of Steck Park on the river but have always wanted to. We can bring the motor home.

Here's a idea how bout the state of WASHINGTON use the tax money they collect from the WEED market and use it to pay for the homeless drug addicts .and use the money from fishing and hunting license to take care of the fishing and hunting .env environment not tax every one for every thing to take care of USELESS drug addicts living on the street .I don't want my taxes going to support the scum on the streets .I don't care if they live or die .you want my money to give them drugs then give them REAL DRUGS THE ONES THAT WILL END THERE SUFFERING .AND OUR SUFFERING TOO .ONE INJECTION AND DONE .LOAD THE FERRY FULL OF BODIES TAKE IT 50 MILES OUT TO SEA AND FEED THE CRAB
The truth is the social costs of "weed" far outstrip any income it brings in.....but anything that goes into the general fund is poorly accounted for and gone for ever.

Karen will be home from a week with her Red Hat ladies group in California over the weekend. Once she has a couple of days for her liver to clear out the alcohol, we can meet down on the river or Wallowa lake. We will get the boat ready over the weekend. Monday I have horses going to the trainer but maby later in the week. Let me know what you think. All you will need is your gear and licence. We have never fished north of Steck Park on the river but have always wanted to. We can bring the motor home.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your boat, your choice. I have gear for trout, Kokes, bass, crappie, catfish... whatever floats your boat. Wouldn't Steck be easier for you? I've not fished right there, but have plenty of experience closer to the Powder River arm. Always willing to learn a new spot.

P.S. I could try to get a Koke report for W. Lake, should be good now. Alternatively, Brownlee should be close to spawn or even post-spawn depending on water temp. It's all good!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your boat, your choice. I have gear for trout, Kokes, bass, crappie, catfish... whatever floats your boat. Wouldn't Steck be easier for you? I've not fished right there, but have plenty of experience closer to the Powder River arm. Always willing to learn a new spot.

P.S. I could try to get a Koke report for W. Lake, should be good now. Alternatively, Brownlee should be close to spawn or even post-spawn depending on water temp. It's all good!!
Steck is too far south for for you. I was thinking you could either take the back road to someplace close on the river (Horseshoe, Brownlee or the lake behind Hells canyon dam) or we can come to Wallowa. Bring your wife, we will bring the Chinook and everyone can be comfortable. I haven't been in the Enterprise country for decades. There used to be a family up there I bought draft horses from for my carriage busisness. Karen has never been there and we really like Kokanee.

Mac is easy, fish deep with large hard baits that look like trout. If you can find a rearing net, match the size of fish in the net and jig near the bottom, usually works.
They like to hang out in the last ten feet of about 70' of water, but can go deeper. If there is a cobble or boulder bottom, all the better.
Troll herring, or Kokanee... for Mackinaw.

Heck, I've trolled Kokanee before... when they didn't trip the rigger.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

18A39D81-6026-4494-91B1-28D2816C3614.jpeg
Heck, I've trolled Kokanee before... when they didn't trip the rigger.:s0140::s0140::s0140:
Kokanee fishing is more about eating than the joy of catching............Kokanee and Doves.....no better food anywhere.

And good fish is getting expensive......I think the sturgeon I bought from the Indians at Cascade Locks was 15.00 a pound and it was 20 lbs. I have paid at least that for good fresh salmon. My wife was upset until we ate it..........

I believe that we've only bought fish there once and that was before I started fishing.
I surely think that I should have stop by there after I left Drano to get a fish. After money exchanged hands I would tell the guy to " throw it to me" so I could really say that I caught the damn thing. But alas I am not that way if I can't catch it it ain't deemed being caught any other way. Although I had friends that would go fishing on a charter boat, get skunked, then stop Safeway on the way home. LOL:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe that we've only bought fish there once and that was before I started fishing.
I surely think that I should have stop by there after I left Drano to get a fish. After money exchanged hands I would tell the guy to " throw it to me" so I could really say that I caught the damn thing. But alas I am not that way if I can't catch it it ain't deemed being caught any other way. Although I had friends that would go fishing on a charter boat, get skunked, then stop Safeway on the way home. LOL:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is a fun place. There is a nice store that we buy from but also stands set up in a parking lot by individual families. Many times in the store I have seen fresh live salmon flopping on the table, filleted and sold within minutes.

Back to the original topic of Kokanee fishing. I live not 20 minutes from a nice Lake up in the Black Hills which I have fished in the past and really enjoyed having a Kokanee fishery so close.

Up until last year it was a hit and miss type of fishery for the Kokanee because the trout we're always up top and would hit your offering on the way down to the Kokes.
Last year the lake opened and I took a friend with me for his first time there. Lo and behold there was a massive algae bloom on the lake. It was so disheartening that all the fish that we caught we released because we did not know the extent of the toxins. The county health board put out a news release saying do not bathe, swim, drink (animals also) or eat the fish until further notice.
Suffice to say that was the last time we finish that lake all year...

Fast forward to a week ago when they Lake was destined to open on Saturday, on Friday the day before I took my boat to put it in the water and check to make sure all the engines and electronics where in Tip-Top shape.
As I made the turn into the boat ramp there is a sign warning of the same algae bloom!!!!!!!
20180427_140723.jpg
20180427_140454_001.jpg
Looks like another season I will have to be fishing other lakes that are further away. This right here is what gets expensive, my twin turbo 1 ton Ford only gets 12 - 13 miles per gallon but man that truck don't know when the boats hooked up to it, it just goes like a raped ape.:p:p:p

I'm heading to Merwin Saturday to fish with @oknow, I know it's a weekend and I loathe fishing weekends but he still grinds a 50-60 hour week. :)
Maybe I can help him catch a few big fish there. He is a very accomplished catcher at Yale where I have trouble just finding fish.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top