JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpg lenharris.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-gill-lice-epidemic...

Found this online Jim and thought you may find it of interest.

Well boys & girls, I had another chance to fish Merwin today with a good friend. No pics as it was so hot today my camera melted..... (honestly) lol if I would have landed the 1/2 dozen that got away we would have been off the lake by 10 am but took till 12:45 to get the last kokanee in the cooler.
My freezer space allotment is officially full & I cannot bring home any more fish until the space is vacated. Might this motivate people to take my open seats? I hope so!!!!;) I only took three fish for a dinner this weekend.:D

Well gentlemen, last Thursday was a great day on Merwin despite the 295 degree heat!!!!!
We pulled in 17 nice fat Kokes from 6am to 1 pm. They were not in the traditional areas of the lake where we previously have gotten bit. Also it was the first day of the season that we caught MANY northern pike minnows, it was crazy!!! We had a total of 48 bites & only brought in 17 keepers!!!!
Although it was a great time to break in the new Chamberlain DR releases, my old partner didn't really like them but I am hooked on them. It's nice to see a fish trip the release instead of asking myself "was that a bite" while keeping a constant eye on the rods.

That said, I did the boat changeover to Salmon mode. I took out the DR's, mounts, tuna & corn cashe that was stashed under the seats and the 10' net.

It's time for the Willipa & the Halis to get JIGGY with fish!!!!!:D

Well gentlemen, last Thursday was a great day on Merwin despite the 295 degree heat!!!!!
We pulled in 17 nice fat Kokes from 6am to 1 pm. They were not in the traditional areas of the lake where we previously have gotten bit. Also it was the first day of the season that we caught MANY northern pike minnows, it was crazy!!! We had a total of 48 bites & only brought in 17 keepers!!!!
Although it was a great time to break in the new Chamberlain DR releases, my old partner didn't really like them but I am hooked on them. It's nice to see a fish trip the release instead of asking myself "was that a bite" while keeping a constant eye on the rods.

That said, I did the boat changeover to Salmon mode. I took out the DR's, mounts, tuna & corn cashe that was stashed under the seats and the 10' net.

It's time for the Willipa & the Halis to get JIGGY with fish!!!!!:D

Those chamberlain releases are hard to beat once you get them set right. Btw you have to remember to change them back if you use them for salmon fishing. Don't ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top