JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got out to yale lake yesterday. had a slow start adjusting a new release for the down rigger, but after it was adjusted things went great.
started out about 7 am and had 9 on board by 11, the fun boats were just starting to show up as we were leaving. we lost as many as we boated if not more. weather was perfect about 68* overcast some times a slight breeze and best of all we only had to put up with a couple waves from just one boat.
all in all you could not want a better trip especially with a great friend to talk with.
they were not real big from 9 to 12 in. but they fit just right in the pan and tasted great.it looked like this at 10:30
5HGGqCm.jpg
uxBQwGl.jpg

Don't tell people about Yale it sucks up there :D Waves all the time not a good place :rolleyes:

I have not fished up there in years but still camp and use it for just floating as it is a great lake.

Good catch by the way ;)

Yes on the landlocked part. As for taste I could not tell you....

I gave up salmon years ago :eek: I got tired of it as a kid as we had a bunch of it..... I would use a salmon steak for crawdad bait.......

Nice catch ! :s0071:Are Kokanee a landlocked or lakelocked Salmon ? Do they taste like Trout or Salmon ? I caught some many years ago and my Brain and my Tongue can't remember. :s0076: They look like a good Smoker type fish.:s0150:

they are salmon just a smaller size because of the food availability.

Yes on the landlocked part. As for taste I could not tell you....

I gave up salmon years ago :eek: I got tired of it as a kid as we had a bunch of it..... I would use a salmon steak for crawdad bait.......

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
I have yet to loose my apatite for salmon or steelhead after 20+ years but this Caveman loves him some beer batter deep fried HALIBUT!!!!!:p:p:p

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
I have yet to loose my apatite for salmon or steelhead after 20+ years but this Caveman loves him some beer batter deep fried HALIBUT!!!!!:p:p:p

Yeah I could go for some white meat those Halibut are tasty critters :D

I just got burned out as a kid. We would go fishing every night when I got home from school when the run was in. Hell biggest one I grabbed was a 34lb chinook on the Washougal....

I started by the dam but found them all across the lake

Ah ok so Caveman turn the other way next time... Saddle dam is just across the street form where you went.

My wife was up there today riding horses and she said it was dead.....only about 3 trailers in the parking lot....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top