JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Post em up & don't be shy....
Saturday I had a last minute open seat for Father's Day, I texted around my contacts and finally got a bite. I'd met Jim through a recent C/L sale & found out he was on a fishing forum that I frequented (no not cryfish this time).

We hit Summit lake at 8 am till1 pm with a total catch of 5 Kokes & 2 nice rainbow (nice fat fish) & released 4 (longline) smaller trout.. Was a good day, no one lost any digits nor died.....
20160619_124618.jpg

Another day at Summit Lake (or should I say a few hours) started at 8:45 & caugh the last one at 10:50 and released 5 small trout.
Before I could get the 2nd DR set the first one popped off!!!!
Koke #1 is in the ice bath.... 5 minutes later after I reset both DR's another nice fat Koke get the chilly bath then nothing for a half hour.

Pic #2) I was watching like a hawk and noticed something peculiar on the Starboard rigger. I popped the line off & reeled in but no fish, huh, so I retrieve the DR ball & low & behold there is a 13" koke tangled in the Ford fender gang troll that's attached to it. It had a leader that broke off from some unlucky fishermans line..... Good Lawdy, I sho be lucky sometimes...
I normally don't keep trout but when they really hook themselves good I hate to waste em....

Taking a member from here out tomorrow morning. Will report back.

Pic #3) If I could teach my lab how to drive & fetch the truck I'd be in heaven.

20160630_135618.jpg 20160630_092451.jpg 20160630_093532.jpg

Last Edited:
I had someone on another board refer to them as copepods. WDFW says they have been there or years & the fish are ok to eat but this guy was friggin sickly, soft flesh & underweight I didn't keep him.

On another note I was down to my last can of shoe peg corn the last time out. I had pulled the boat out & was getting things ready to depart when a young man with his 2 sons pulled in to launch. A little small talk ensued & he mentioned all he had was wigglers & asked where the Kokanee were and how deep. I proceeded to explain & said you'll need this to catch em & gave him all my scented corn & tuna mentioning if the kids get hungry they could eat the rest of the tuna.... lol;)

Last Edited:
Well since I'm the only active fisherman here I'll keep the reports coming.
I'll be waking around 2 am then driving 2+ hours to Lake Merwin to join a new fishing friend (he took an open seat in May) to chase some more kokanee.

20160713_184744.jpg
Pics to follow after a nap at the rest Toutle area... I'm dog tired....

Well the total was 7 Kokes & 2 good sized trout. Dog tired....

The largest koke cut blood red, that's gonna taste so good tomorrow night.... 20160713_191939_001.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads