JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd have to know where the Pick-up point is as it might be over a 100 mile drive for me. I would like 2 package/carton if it reaches 10, that's a decent price on dehydrated veg soup.
I investigated those Costco buckets of veg; they are just packaged soup entrees you can buy in any supermarket and mostly starch.
@$50 this would be a real bargin and you can use your food saver to vacume pack into smaller servings. Quite a good deal actually.
so we are tentively at 5 cartons?
Do you know what the experation dates are?
I would not want to put money up front on some blind purchase
@$36 it would be great, 45 gallons of soup for $36???!
But what are the shipping costs?

so now we are at "6" or "7"
$38, that's like one day at the range, or one night at a strip joint :s0112: well maybe one hour at the SJ!
I have to wonder if they would squeze into a 5 gallon bucket and if I were to throw a few cubes of dry ice inside the bucket with a gamma lid what the life span would be??

This is how this group buy is going to go down.
I contacted the wholesaler (Steve), who has over 425 cartons of this product.
You can see his ad on Portland's Craigslist under dehydrated Knorr soup.
I talked to Steve and he said that if I could get enough people interested in buying more than a couple of boxes, he would give everybody a great deal. He is very motivated in getting this out of his warehouse.
He is having a medical procedure today, and will be laid up for a couple of days and so I made a tentative date for pick up on the 14th (Sat) of this month.
If you plan on taking part in this, I will have everybody meet at his warehouse near the Bridgeport Brewery on NW Northrupt St.
There will be a one hour or so window to meet him and pick this up. Look on line and review this product. Do the math and you will see the great savings for a prepper that can handle bulk products.
My main goal is to help everyone on this forum get a great one time deal and drive down my cost on a couple of boxes.
I didn't get any expiration date from him, but this is a commercial product generally distributed to schools and large institutions. I will contact him next week and ask about the date codes.
Steve made it very clear that he does not want to hang around all day waiting for no shows, and I can't blame him. Jeff B.

sounds good
@$38 for non-expired, unopened goods it's an excelent price
But know this; I am a former purchasing agent and I have authored articles on cost savings through buying near expired institutional food stuffs,,,in Oregon.
So I want assurances first
I can buy off the back of a truck any time
when was it packaged at what plant?
Whats the experation date?
Was it made in Canada or transhipped from China?
A one hour window?
starting to smell, like last week's crab

I would be in for 1 if we make the 20 mark and a reasonable expiration date is given. I work on NW 23rd the day of pickup but my job may or may not allow me an exit during the short pickup window (Emergency Services) Maybe someone could help me out if we get that far?

I'd like to know this as well. Also, I will be unavailable that entire weekend
OK, this deal is OFF!
Sorry, geesh! I've got this contractual obligation to the federal and state government that I'm obligated to fulfill one weekend of every month and two weeks in the summer. That just happens to be one of the weekends. Combine that with not knowing the exact details of this stuff, and it don't make no sense to do it.

Anyone one that needs more info should just contact Steve through Craigslist like I did and ask him direct. I am going to buy some regardless.

Anyone one that needs more info should just contact Steve through Craigslist like I did and ask him direct. I am going to buy some regardless.

I'm also going to buy some if the group buy thing works out. I would be in for at least three if we make it to twenty. I am not concerned if it is close to thexpirationon date.

I found this info on the soup mix:
Knorr vegetable soup mix can also be used as a flavoring when cooked with rice, couscous or pasta. Use the hot soup as the liquid in which you rehydrate couscous. Add it to the braising liquid for chicken or beef, or add to a sour-cream dip. Add fresh vegetables such as spinach to the soup, and add diced grilled chicken or small dumplings like tortellini to make the soup more substantial. Dehydrated vegetables have a long shelf life, so Knorr Vegetable Soup mix makes a convenient addition to your emergency supplies.

Thanks jbett98 for the post and all of the info!

Last Edited:
I have made arrangements to buy ten cases at a very good price to start the ball rolling with this company.
They have some other products that might be of interest.
The soup per case price is $42.00.
It was packaged last year. Shipping is available through the wholesaler for around $15.00 UPS from their location.
I also discussed having this product vacuumed packed into smaller quanities for a reasonable fee.
If still interested, let me know. I travel between Gresham and Tigard most days and can meet up anywhere along the way to make it easy. Thanks, Jeff

I have finally connected with Steve Shepard @Tumac Commodities, Inc.
The soup mix is $36.00 per case.
If you are still interested, I will need a confirmation PM from you to hold some for you.
I will be buying twenty cases outright and can meet anywhere between Gresham and Tigard most days.
Thanks for your interest, Jeff Betthauser. 503-705-0098.

The ingredients I found online for this are: Dried vegetables (carrots, onions, tomatoes, celery root, leeks, potatoes, cabbage, peas, broccoli, garlic), potato starch, monosodium glutamate, salt, maltodextrin, canola oil, yeast extract (contains barley gluten), natural & artificial flavour, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, natural colour, spice, silicon dioxide, sulphites.

The MSG, disodium guanylate and inosinate are deal-breakers for me. Not good for one's health.

Neither is starving to death. This is not a health food, it's just something that you can add to all the beans and rice at a very good price.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top