Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kimbered

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 4dogs, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Bought a used Kimber locally for about the right price, not in box and none of the four mags were original. None the less, nice pistol (Custom TLE/RL II). The original coating is somewhat worn so I've already made arrangements to have Cerakoat applied by STS in Toledo. What do ya think: black slide, tungsten gray lower?

Pictures when it's done...

2. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

before and after pictures would be even cooler

3. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Do it the way you want the gun. Forget everyone's opinion.

By the way if the mags work don't matter what brand they are.

4. Ought Six

Ought Six Snoqualmie Valley area Active Member

I just got a Kimber myself, and it only came with one 7-round mag. I poked around on the web, and found that Osage County Guns sells a ten-pack of Kimber Pro-Tac 8-round stainless mags for $210. Shipping was $18.99, so the final price was $228.99. Each one comes with two plastic bumpers, a short and tall one. Considering Kimber mags sell for nearly $30 around town, this is a screamin' deal. Shipment was prompt, and the mags are very high quality. Just be careful tightening the bumper screws, because they are easy to strip. Fortunately, you get four screws per mag. They also have five-packs of the same mags for $110.

Pro Tac 8rd .45 Magazine Full Size - 10 Pack

5. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

I already have a Taurus 1911 and now have seven mags that are entirely interchangeable, in spite of none of them being OE.

I did have one person tell me that I was nuts for doing the Cerakote on a Kimber but I think it'll look great. Before and after pics when I get it back.

Thanks for your comments.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Before you go buy $200 worth of Kimber mags,buy just one Chip McCormick or 1 Wilson combat mags and see how you like them.
    May be a bit more but much better mags IMO

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Not a bad thought. I ram the power mags, but the Kimber Tac-Pro mags rock. They are totally awesome. For 45 use what you like.