JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its your rifle...keep it or sell it as you wish.

With that said....
Something to consider before selling or trading a firearm is :
How easy will it be to get another one if you suffer from seller's or trader's remorse.
Laws , bans restrictions and the like , may make getting various types of firearms and magazines difficult to replace.

Please understand that I do not agree with laws , bans or restrictions regarding the ownership or selling of firearms and magazines.
Just pointing something out to consider with the above.
Andy

Maybe, I'm an old Marine, so accuracy is drilled into me.
Thank you for your service.

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but there's a good video by Reid Henrichs titled "Why I Choose the AK Rifle" wherein he goes over some of the pros of the platform and specifically addresses the common misconception that the AK is an inaccurate rifle. I'll post it below for your convenience.

Thank you for your service.

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but there's a good video by Reid Henrichs titled "Why I Choose the AK Rifle" wherein he goes over some of the pros of the platform and specifically addresses the common misconception that the AK is an inaccurate rifle. I'll post it below for your convenience.

Thank you- that proves my point 4 inches at 100 yards. This is accuracy . probably from a bench rest and sand bags. This is unacceptable accuracy for many of us. Its a spray and pray type accuracy. Don't get me wrong- these are fun rifles to shoot and very dependable but an AR, M-1A, Garand, 03 Springfield are IMHO better combat rifles.

Thank you- that proves my point 4 inches at 100 yards. This is accuracy . probably from a bench rest and sand bags. This is unacceptable accuracy for many of us. Its a spray and pray type accuracy. Don't get me wrong- these are fun rifles to shoot and very dependable but an AR, M-1A, Garand, 03 Springfield are IMHO better combat rifles.
Remember though that he states that 4" at 100 yards is on the outer edge of accuracy for the AK. I own two AKs and both AKs shoot tighter than that grouping.

"Its a spray and pray type accuracy." Again, I think this is a fallacy... just my opinion, mind you. The AK is a formidable fighting rifle, IMHO.

FWIW, I also own two ARs.

Having been on the receiving end of in coming AK47 rifle fire...
As well as having shot more than a few AK47 rifle copies...they can be very accurate .

With that said...
Its the skill of the rifleman that can make all the difference.
Andy

If selling AK's allows you to get into night vision well. Then that seems like a prudent choice. If you spend a lot of money on stupid niceties and could simply not do that for a period of time and still own night vision, then I'd do that instead.

I have a Rominan AK with 500rds 5 p mags ect.

I'm 90% 556 / 9mm.... some 300blk n 300 win

I don't really train with this platform.... keep for barter/ familiarization or sell?
If you're running 300blk already, the only real advantage to keeping the AK is ammunition availability and cost IMO. So, it depends on how much you value that advantage.

I look at the world two ways:

First you already own it and you have to do nothing but wipe it down once a year to maintain it. You have enough ammo to at least arm a friend in a poop hits the fan situation and its always fun to go shoot at the range with friends as something different from your main toys. It might be the ticket to get a non-gun person to become a gun person because of the cool factor.

But I also look at the fact if you sell it, it could be new optics for something you already have or more ammo or food supply for a poop hits the fan situation.

Money can always be used for different things and I like many have sold guns over the years thinking I do not need it; I do not use it and I would not miss it only to find a year or so later I could no longer afford to replace it and I really did miss it.

Its your call but if you're not cash strapped, I would keep it, if for nothing else but to be the cool kid on the block that has one and in a true emergency it always has value to keep you afloat.

Back in 2010 time frame I switched to nothing but the AK platform and ran with it for years but as the prices of ammo and guns went up I started to go back to ARs and run them only for the most part. I still have the AKs, ammo and mags because it cost me nothing to keep but a little bit of space. But if the poop hits the fan I could arm several family members if needed .

Its your call but if you're not cash strapped, I would keep it, if for nothing else but to be the cool kid on the block that has one and in a true emergency it always has value to keep you afloat.
I've had a lot of different firearms pass through my hands these last 40 years, More than the average guy. Many are now considered very valuable and on the rare side. I bought them, fired them, and learned all about them, to sell them later for a bit more. It also made having a dealers license practical as if a person can't buy and try why have it in the first place? Yes indeed most of those firearms are far more expensive now, but then a person can only keep so much while being able to store and maintain them. I'd need a pretty big vault if I'd of been able to keep them all.

I've had a lot of different firearms pass through my hands these last 40 years, More than the average guy. Many are now considered very valuable and on the rare side. I bought them, fired them, and learned all about them, to sell them later for a bit more. It also made having a dealers license practical as if a person can't buy and try why have it in the first place? Yes indeed most of those firearms are far more expensive now, but then a person can only keep so much while being able to store and maintain them. I'd need a pretty big vault if I'd of been able to keep them all.
I to have been playing the game for a bit over 40 years and was a licensed dealer and work in a shop now 3 days a week. The most I have ever owned as a private person was 239 firearms now I down to mid 70ish as it changes from month to month.

I think I buy now more as a bucket list item of things I always wanted but when younger could not afford. The next one I want is a either a green or snow white Steyr Aug and the shop I work has got them on order if they ever get here. For the same reason as the MKE MP5 clone, I just want one.

You are correct after the first one it is much easier to buy and sell but I still have a S&W 659 9mm I acquired just after I got my FFL in 1984. Not the first gun I ever bought but one with good memory's.

There are plenty of people in the ground that would suggest otherwise. They're accurate enough.
The AK was designed to be incredibly reliable, needing only minor care (unless corrosive ammunition), and "minute of body," not minute of angle. They do that quite well. A lung or liver shot is as good as a shot to the heart. The guy will stop trying to kill you.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews