JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought some more (100) of these today even though I didn't need them. The prices are the same as they were 10+ years ago. While the reviews of these have been pretty good, I did test one of mine by cycling it manually at speed and while it fed fine, it failed to lock the slide back. The spring is SUPER weak. I spent 1K on these 100 mags which I already have some of.

I decided to buy 50 factory Glock 17 magazines for 1K as well ($22 each). I am considering cancelling my 100 magazine order (1K) of KCI magazines and getting rid of the KCI magazines due to the springs and how they perform after years of being loaded. A 3 pack of springs is about $20 which brings the price of the KCI mags ($10) close to the sale price of $22 for factory magazines when you factor in a nearly $7 spring.

Good idea or hold onto the KCI magazines as well? I could keep SOME for training but I am not sure if I'd trust my life to these. I read the newer generation ones have better springs but I have not kept one loaded for years to test that as I just got some more a couple months ago and they were the newer gen.

Like I said the one I've had loaded for 10+ years fed fine but it didn't lock the slide back in multiple tries and the spring is VERY noticeably weak.

Last Edited:
I bought 3 of the 33 round sticks last year for my Ruger Carbine. Ended up replacing the spring with Wolff +10's and they have functioned great and were still cheaper than the Glocks.

BUT...I don't think that they'll hold up to abuse (ie dropping mags on the floor) as well and if for something other than a range toy wouldn't use them.

I've had nothing but hit or miss results with the Chinese or Korean or whoever makes them knock off Glock mags. One would be flawless, the next would be garbage unless you tear it apart and file off all the extra flashing and add a better spring.

If these are something to turn for a profit, keep the purchase. If these are range mags, be prepared for spotty results. If they are for self defense or competition, buy something else.

If I'd have had someone tell me the clear ETS mags sucked, I'd not have purchased 30 of them! I only use them occasionally on one gun as they don't really work well with all of my carbines.

I have 2 of them that came with a purchase of a firearm. I agree with the others, fine-ish for range day but not for anything else. My KCI mags both rattle when shaken which the Glock mags do not. Not sure how I figured that out or if it means anything, but it's not inspiring to say the least.

KCI have been my go to range mags, no issues...but, Glock factory for carry.
While I dont have 1000 of them, I still have a bunch NIW from the Sandy Hook nonsense, and have bought more when they are $5-6...at that price they are very hard to beat.

I bought 3 of the 33 round sticks last year for my Ruger Carbine. Ended up replacing the spring with Wolff +10's and they have functioned great and were still cheaper than the Glocks.

BUT...I don't think that they'll hold up to abuse (ie dropping mags on the floor) as well and if for something other than a range toy wouldn't use them.

The video tests I've seen of them mirror this, lots of reports on other forums that talk about this as well. They are not built to the same quality of OEM magazines. Unfortunately my order for the KCI mags shipped today. That's OK, I will gouge you all on Gun Broker in a couple months...:p:D;)

KCI have been my go to range mags, no issues...but, Glock factory for carry.
While I dont have 1000 of them, I still have a bunch NIW from the Sandy Hook nonsense, and have bought more when they are $5-6...at that price they are very hard to beat.

True at that price really hard to beat. I didn't buy 1K of them, I said I bought 100 of them for 1K, as in 1K dollars. I already had some but now will have plenty to gouge later.:p:D;)

I took a couple of the mags that have been loaded for 10+ years and pulled on the string, put them back together and manually cycled through them. Worked fine and now lock the slide back. Will have to test at range to see if this "replenishing" procedure is good to go. So should I sell or keep the KCI mags?

Spending $1k on 100 mags you think are of dubious quality is a strange move

They worked great for me for years. When I unloaded one recently I noticed the weak spring and lock back issue. I Googled it and it apparently happens with Glock mags too, but isn't as prevalent. One guy on Glock Talk mentioned his factory mags do the same after just 4 years...

Nay.

Reviews have found them unreliable.

There is a US mag company that is rebranding them and selling them as theirs - I forget the name though. If you do some digging on extended Glock mags not made by Glock you will find the name though.

Nay.

Reviews have found them unreliable.

There is a US mag company that is rebranding them and selling them as theirs - I forget the name though. If you do some digging on extended Glock mags not made by Glock you will find the name though.

Actually most of the reviews I found said they were reliable. There was 1 guy on GT over a decade ago that recorded his 6K+ test of the KCI mags and they were reliable. And the link to the thread below has majority raving about them. Also the reviews for the mags on the sites that have them are hundreds of positive reviews with no issues.

My thing is the reviews are not like that across the board like Glock magazines. SOME people have reported having issues with them, at least earlier gens. In my case the mags were reliable except 1 of the 33rd mags after leaving it loaded for some time. The 15 round mags in question that I had loaded were cycling fine but didn't lock the slide back, at least cycling manually. That said, it MAY be different under actual fire. I recall that being the case before. Still with that said the video tests I've seen of drop tests show the base plates breaking more easily than factory mags. I don't drop mags but this tells me there is some weakness in the base plate. So not 100% the same quality as factory mags for sure. If I could find springs for $5 a pop it'd be a real deal still.

Like I said I did pull the springs a bit to stretch them out and they are stiff again. Buddy wants to go plinking today with his new toy so I might go with and test this out. If they work then I will consider them good. The mag bodies themselves are fine, just the springs could use some work. The new gen are apparently better springs. I have some newer gen ones I will also try out.

If they work I will keep some as training mags and backups to factory mags while also selling most of the KCI. With Wolff springs they should be just fine according to most people who put better springs in them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top