JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought 3 of the 33 round sticks last year for my Ruger Carbine. Ended up replacing the spring with Wolff +10's and they have functioned great and were still cheaper than the Glocks.

BUT...I don't think that they'll hold up to abuse (ie dropping mags on the floor) as well and if for something other than a range toy wouldn't use them.
Good info on the springs... I grabbed some of the 33 rounders and had some issues. Mostly in cold weather - FTF regularly. When temps rose though they seemed to do OK. Range use only here so it wasn't a large issue, but I did fallback to using Glock branded G17 mags since they always worked as expected.

So, what you're saying is you can buy genuine factory mags, which are tested, tried and trusted for nearly the same price as the cheapo korean breaky junk but you still think the KCI mags are of good quality? Other than the spring. And baseplate. And the slide not locking back... I mean, these are obviously not up to par at any point. Do you also buy chinese knockoff parts for your car for nearly the same price as genuine OE? Your thousand bucks, your choice.

So I just found a 10 pack of springs with 13% extra power by Ghost Inc. with excellent reviews for $28 and less than that with a 10
So, what you're saying is you can buy genuine factory mags, which are tested, tried and trusted for nearly the same price as the cheapo korean breaky junk but you still think the KCI mags are of good quality? Other than the spring. And baseplate.

You really think $10 a mag is the same price as $22 on sale and $30 regular price? OK:rolleyes:

I said with springs from Woff it comes to $17 vs $22 on sale and $30 regular price. That's still 23-43% cheaper.

I actually found springs for $2.75 a piece that are extra power with excellent reviews and bought them instead. And as I said I stretched the springs and found them to lock the slide back again. Plus I said they all still cycled just fine even if not locking back.

Last Edited:
From an outside perspective, it would seem you have made a decision, are unsure about your decision, and are seeking confirmation from others to make you feel more confident in your decision, even going so far as to defend your decision when some people have expressed a contrary view (which you invited by the nature of asking for opinions)
This seems like textbook confirmation bias.

I think most reviews on most things are junk, most people buy things, hardly use them, but will give a rating based on how they feel about their purchase, usually rating it very well because they are happy they bought it, and on the other hand, in many cases, poor reviews are often a person having "operator error" and being too stupid to know how to use something they bought, or what is in fact wrong with it. Not all the time, but I consistently see this while shopping and reading reviews.

To answer your question of, should you sell them or not: First you have to acknowledge what was your purpose in buying them in the first place. If the purpose for you buying them in the first place hasn't changed, then why would you sell them?

Personally, unless you were planning on offloading them during this panic buying, at elevated prices, it seems you have 100 mags that you probably don't want to use as carry mags because of potential unreliability, and would serve as 'better than nothing,' but outside of an apocalyptic scenario, relegated to being range mags.

Circling back to my original point, it all depends on what your purpose for buying them was, but from a logical argument point of view. Is it more important to have 100 semi-reliable mags, or 50 very reliable mags? I know what I would choose, but I also believe that having many reliable rifle mags will be far more useful in the future than pistol mags and therefore most pistol mags are inherently just for the range anyway because you can practically carry so many pistol mags on a regular basis.

From an outside perspective, it would seem you have made a decision, are unsure about your decision, and are seeking confirmation from others to make you feel more confident in your decision, even going so far as to defend your decision when some people have expressed a contrary view (which you invited by the nature of asking for opinions)
This seems like textbook confirmation bias.

I think most reviews on most things are junk, most people buy things, hardly use them, but will give a rating based on how they feel about their purchase, usually rating it very well because they are happy they bought it, and on the other hand, in many cases, poor reviews are often a person having "operator error" and being too stupid to know how to use something they bought, or what is in fact wrong with it. Not all the time, but I consistently see this while shopping and reading reviews.

To answer your question of, should you sell them or not: First you have to acknowledge what was your purpose in buying them in the first place. If the purpose for you buying them in the first place hasn't changed, then why would you sell them?

Personally, unless you were planning on offloading them during this panic buying, at elevated prices, it seems you have 100 mags that you probably don't want to use as carry mags because of potential unreliability, and would serve as 'better than nothing,' but outside of an apocalyptic scenario, relegated to being range mags.

Circling back to my original point, it all depends on what your purpose for buying them was, but from a logical argument point of view. Is it more important to have 100 semi-reliable mags, or 50 very reliable mags? I know what I would choose, but I also believe that having many reliable rifle mags will be far more useful in the future than pistol mags and therefore most pistol mags are inherently just for the range anyway because you can practically carry so many pistol mags on a regular basis.

No, I was just wondering if someone had a statement that put things in perspective. I haven't really found one yet in the thread. Rifle mags are covered. I do carry a couple Korean mags, but also a couple factory mags. As I said, I tested them yet again at the range after 10+ years of being loaded and had tested them before carrying. Worked fine in both cases. In fact I tested them here and there over the years and worked fine. The springs did seem to weaken but not enough to not work. I also was able to stretch the spring on one and make it stiff again, so an easy fix with a cheap mag to tinker with. I will keep them for barter and backup, but see no NEED to carry them just yet as I have plenty of factory and more factory on the way. The Korean mags do make good mags for training too.

No, I was just wondering if someone had a statement that put things in perspective. I haven't really found one yet in the thread. Rifle mags are covered. I do carry a couple Korean mags, but also a couple factory mags. As I said, I tested them yet again at the range after 10+ years of being loaded and had tested them before carrying. Worked fine in both cases. In fact I tested them here and there over the years and worked fine. The springs did seem to weaken but not enough to not work. I also was able to stretch the spring on one and make it stiff again, so an easy fix with a cheap mag to tinker with. I will keep them for barter and backup, but see no NEED to carry them just yet as I have plenty of factory and more factory on the way. The Korean mags do make good mags for training too.

Not sure what you were looking for, you want to keep them, keep them, you don't, can probably offload them easily enough.

I clearly explained the question in my OP.....all you are doing is listing the options I presented without any actual insight as to which to choose or why. Great value add post. :rolleyes:

Getting a bit snarky aren't we? But, I might be flustered too if I spent a grand on magazines of questionable reliability.

I wouldn't have done that, so, to answer your question I would use this panic to recoup the money spent. The point you might have missed in my earlier post: anyone can throw out a recommendation for you, but ultimately you are going to be the one who has to live with the decision, hence my emphasis on you deciding based on what was important to you.

I bought a package of 5 of the KCI 33 round 9mm mags & only 1 of them worked properly
I replaced them with ETS 40 rd mags instead--on sale now for $16.98

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top