JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This morning KBOO's Abe & Joe talk show was on the 2nd Amendment and despite their "liberal" reputation, were actually having a pretty open minded discussion about gun issues even though they clearly didn't have much personal experience. I was desperate to call in, but unfortunately too busy trying to operate my forklift at the time.
http://kboo.fm/node/13239
However, then they started getting some super embarrassing callers, including one especially tragic fellow who was attempting to argue that individuals should be able to own nuclear bombs. The most polite word I can use to discribe that idea is insane- but seriously, can anyone intelligently make a good argument for it?

Hmmmm.... Well, technically speaking the production of a nuclear weapon would be very expensive so that would limit ownership to those that could fund their own mini Manhattan projects if it were legal. I don't suppose the Feds would give them to those who couldn't regularly afford them like they do with cheese?
While the caller may have had an insane idea in taking it to the very extreme form of weapons technology, his ideology of free, law abiding people having the right to own weapons is one I believe we all share. It is in establishing the limits of that right in a free society where the arguments start.

By the way, who here wouldn't want to see a live above ground nuclear explosion? Be worth going through those stupid NBC classes I have to endure anyway...:)

This morning KBOO's Abe & Joe talk show was on the 2nd Amendment and despite their "liberal" reputation, were actually having a pretty open minded discussion about gun issues even though they clearly didn't have much personal experience. I was desperate to call in, but unfortunately too busy trying to operate my forklift at the time.
http://kboo.fm/node/13239
However, then they started getting some super embarrassing callers, including one especially tragic fellow who was attempting to argue that individuals should be able to own nuclear bombs. The most polite word I can use to discribe that idea is insane- but seriously, can anyone intelligently make a good argument for it?

Final arguement: NOBODY is as nuts as several people that currently have the bomb, therefor we'd be safer if some of us took over.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top