JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a 22lr for gf. I'll use it too. My collection is fairly classic and want something I'll enjoy too. These two options are quite the contrast. At some point I might just get both. is there a third option for plinking and for me more accurate target shooting? A quick fix is the Rem 22 10. That seems to be on a similar vibe to my Mossburg 500. Most people have one. Then I am drooling over this:

I know two different animals. Thoughts another option? Not into pump. I was looking at an 1894 22 which would look nice next to my 30-30 1894.

Thing is only rifle she likes to shoot is my 45lc and thats alot of $$ for a beginner ammo. I don't feel comfortable introducing her to AR platform. Kinda got that itch for something new. Part of the choice is selfish as it'll go in my collection and I'll want to try it. The Remington seems like a cheap fun solution but not as enjoyable in terms of material and build. Whats another fun classic option? I tried out the Christensen but was not into the perceived quality.

I'm a fan of Anschutz.
1000012498.jpg

The older Reminton 510 , 511 and 512 series of .22 rifles are always worth a look.
As are the Remington 513 and 521 if you want more of a target rifle.

Winchester's 69 and 72 are also very nice.
Andy

That Anschutz you listed would be an amazing addition to anyone's collection.

I'm not to sure how available Anschutz rifles are in the states.

If looking for bolt action 22lr with wooden stocks, look into CZs. They have a handful of models with wood stocks.

Otherwise there are so many options when it comes to 22lr. I don't think any of them are not fun. Any 22lr rifle makes me smile!

Can't she buy her own guns?
That way it would really be hers.

If you're looking for something classy and really really nice shooting rifle, check out the henry classic 22lr.

Nothing wrong with a Henry lever. Affordable, reliable and accurate.

Wouldn't 45LC be cheaper to shoot instead of buying a 1.5K gun?
Seriously I didn't think about that. 🙈 (she wasn't to keen on lever action)

Well thank you all for the help.

I ended up getting 22/10. I think it'll get her up to speed and for ~$500 (rifle, mags, ammo, transfer) fun quick fix and she gets to do her first mag dump. Everyone likes their first time.

Seriously I didn't think about that. 🙈 (she wasn't to keen on lever action)

Well thank you all for the help.

I ended up getting 22/10. I think it'll get her up to speed and for ~$500 (rifle, mags, ammo, transfer) fun quick fix and she gets to do her first mag dump. Everyone likes their first time.
Curious what made you choose the Remington 22 over the Ruger 10/22. The 10/22 isn't amazing, but it's such a versatile platform and about as customizable as an AR.

Curious what made you choose the Remington 22 over the Ruger 10/22. The 10/22 isn't amazing, but it's such a versatile platform and about as customizable as an AR.
I got the Ruger sorry I wasn't clear. Now I'm on this 22 tip but feel funny. Like I'm almost taking a BB gun out. Then she asks why I don't get. 22 air rifle. Now I want that Anschutz and a Ruger Mark 4 cause it looks like something out of BattleStar Galactica. I thought I had everything I wanted.

The critical piece of info we are missing is your Girlfriends experience level with firearms and what her preference is. Hard to recommend something for her without knowing this part of the story.

She is a beginner. Good with bb rifle. Main issue is focus, breathing, and patience.

Does not do well with pistol and I don't have the patience. If she becomes interested in pistols I'd prob recommend a class to have someone neutral to teach.

I got the Ruger sorry I wasn't clear. Now I'm on this 22 tip but feel funny. Like I'm almost taking a BB gun out. Then she asks why I don't get. 22 air rifle. Now I want that Anschutz and a Ruger Mark 4 cause it looks like something out of BattleStar Galactica. I thought I had everything I wanted.
Gotcha, I got confused by the 22/10 part. Dude, rimfire is ridiculously fun. I started out with AR's and larger caliber guns also but picked up a Savage MKII a couple months ago and am now am going way heavier into rimfire. They're so much fun to shoot and ammo is so damn cheap. I still love my other guns, but it's hard to beat the smiles per dollar value of a 22lr gun.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying 22lr. It is the true plinking round.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews