JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She is a beginner. Good with bb rifle. Main issue is focus, breathing, and patience.

Does not do well with pistol and I don't have the patience. If she becomes interested in pistols I'd prob recommend a class to have someone neutral to teach.
Gotcha.
For beginner shooters I like to recommend a bolt action .22 so they can learn fundamentals and get those down before possibly picking up bad habits from a semi-auto. Winchester, Remington, CZ, etc all make great options. Once she learns more about shooting its hard to beat a 10/22. Theres nothing like blasting through rounds in a semi .22lr. Plus theres endless mods for it in case she gets into customizing. If she wants to play cowboy or just have a good time lever actions are great for that.
Im partial to pump 22s the Winchester 06/62 being my favorite. But I know you said youre not into pumps.

I know just a different vibe. Ping ping vs BOOM. Ya know that stress relief with an 06 or 44 mag.

EB41AEB3-12C5-471D-8C4E-DE3BBAD83368.jpeg

Gotcha.
For beginner shooters I like to recommend a bolt action .22 so they can learn fundamentals and get those down before possibly picking up bad habits from a semi-auto. Winchester, Remington, CZ, etc all make great options. Once she learns more about shooting its hard to beat a 10/22. Theres nothing like blasting through rounds in a semi .22lr. Plus theres endless mods for it in case she gets into customizing. If she wants to play cowboy or just have a good time lever actions are great for that.
Im partial to pump 22s the Winchester 06/62 being my favorite. But I know you said youre not into pumps.
I hear you on point of bolt action. Might help. She becomes increasingly less accurate the more she shoots. I have to stop and get her to slow down.

Over half my collection are rimfires. I have a Remington model 12 from 1919. It is as much fun to shoot as any gun I own. I also have a 121 Fieldmaster from the 1950's that is a much better gun. same idea but much more solid. DR

I hear you on point of bolt action. Might help. She becomes increasingly less accurate the more she shoots. I have to stop and get her to slow down.
If she is having fun and being safe. No problem just letting her have fun.

Take it from me, if it isn't fun she might not want to do it. Significant others and YOUR hobby are a dance, push to far and they no longer want to join you. I made this mistake years ago and my wife rarely goes plinking with me much these days.

I wish finally got a new contract after 6 month job search and selling 1/3 of my collection to pay rent. Grateful to be back on track.
Just razzin you a little.

I definitely understand the pain of watching dollar bills chew up the berm.
I see .44mag revolvers and lever guns I desire all the time, but I just don't want to feed em.

End of story I got a Browning T Bolt. Put a 3.5x10 40 Leupold on there. Really nice compared to the VX3 I have from a few years ago. I've seen bigger. Decent build overall. The trigger I dunno. The scope is a tight fit with medium rings. Not super excited but gonna take the muzzle brake off and put a thread protector on to reduce noise. Maybe try subsonic? to see how quiet it is without waiting for a can. Or just sell it NIB. Rather just shoot something larger caliber. $1200

Browning-22lr.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR