JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure why so much of the OP is lined out, but no. I wouldn't participate in any kind of returns with a private sale.

The shop I help out at had a couple come in with a used pistol they recently bought from the shop. They wanted to trade it in on a different (second) pistol they already have on lawaway. All sales are final at the shop. The shop owner offered to buy back the pistol they had already bought, but for much less than they paid.

in my case of an upper sale that the buyer wants to bring back to me, you could call it a partial refund or buying it back for less than the buyer paid. The math would be the same.
You have a lot of ideas where you're ALMOST trying to be an FFL or an accessories "company" without the license, bond and insurance.

Incentivize? Shoot, stuff like this makes me want to look elsewhere. Too many potential shenanigans.
Hard pass. I wouldn't buy or sell to certain individuals due to the way they conduct themselves on this forum.

You might be better off with a "rental" program where you collect full value deposit then return the deposit minus rental fees. That sounds much more like what you're trying to do

Don't know why I would rent an upper though, unless I intended to abuse it and didn't want to do that to my own equipment.

No. He can find someone to sell it too, if/when he changes his mind about it. And likely, for less than he paid you for it.
This.^

I'd never sell a broken item and if I did, I'd make it clear what the problem(s) were.
If they chose to buy it despite that then later wanted their money back despite agreeing to the flaws in said item, that is on them. If it's a new item and they simply changed their mind, no dice.

I would never offer a Costco styled refund because they happened to change their mind.
More often than not those funds I got for the item instantly go towards another item I want.. that money is gone.
I've bought plenty on here only to find it cheaper somewhere or that it doesn't fit my "project" shortly after.. it's all part of the game.

If I had a gun shop, I would do buy backs at a lower price and restock the item for sale again. Just like a pawn shop, swaps would be done at a lower value for the returned item.
And this^

Last Edited:
Did anyone ever figure out who the seller was on here that demanded the buyer show him he was not armed?

The buyer who made the thread only said the seller had over 300 feedback because he didn't want to name the seller. There aren't that many sellers with over 300 feedback that do weird things re buying and selling.

Did anyone ever figure out who the seller was on here that demanded the buyer show him he was not armed?

The buyer who made the thread only said the seller had over 300 feedback because he didn't want to name the seller. There aren't that many sellers with over 300 feedback that do weird things re buying and selling.
WTF? I missed that thread. Haha. Who goes to a gun deal without carrying…..

WTF? I missed that thread. Haha. Who goes to a gun deal without carrying…..
1684536571803.jpeg

I hadn't heard of this either. Really?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR