JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually most machinists and oldskool mechanics have this lying around.
I have some, and although not magic, it is an excellent penetrating oil.
Really useful for getting exhaust header bolts loose and the like.
Most people think WD-40 is penetrating oil, couldn't be farther from the truth.
Industrial supply houses usually carry it for around $18 a can, O'Reilly won't have it.

I use this all the time when I clean my guns - you put it your bore of your firearm - heavy application and come back 15 minutes later with a tight patch and you can actually see the copper it has removed. A good freind of mine who is a gun smith showed me this trick - I was pretty amazed at it.

James

Amazing stuff, melts rust away. I used it on a 30 year old semi trailer's rusted up lug nuts that had not been off for at least 20 years.. no way they would have budged without it.. I applied it and came back they next day and they practically fell off

Good stuff. I told parsons to use some to soak a pistol of his in a pyrex pan for two days. Just got a text saying the stuff is the absolute best. Don't know much more than that.

SF-

I use it for cleaning parts, and disolving rust. Kroil has been around since granpa was working on tractors. I get the can with the squirt top, and areosol version too. The secret ingredient is chlorine. It smells like oil and bleach. It's the chlorine that disolves the rust, frees old thread locker, and disolves the moly. I don't soak fine firearms in it, because I've had it ruin the finish on an old S&W revolver, it blotched the bluing all up, and wiped some off. Works great for cleaning, but wipe clean, and use standard oil for lube.

This stuff is great I had gotten a old revolver that looked like it had been sitting in the bottom of a river. I soaked it in CLP for about a week and realy got no progress. Silver Fox recomended this stuff so I picked up a couple cans and let the thing sit in there for about 7 hours. I was then able to get the cylinder open and with a little effort got the thing dissassembled. I was real impressed.

This stuff is great I had gotten a old revolver that looked like it had been sitting in the bottom of a river. I soaked it in CLP for about a week and realy got no progress. Silver Fox recomended this stuff so I picked up a couple cans and let the thing sit in there for about 7 hours. I was then able to get the cylinder open and with a little effort got the thing dissassembled. I was real impressed.

I have noticed that soaking rusted parts in synthetic motor oil for a few days seems to work well.. if anyone has a "nicer" gun with trace rust they might want to try that, first

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top