JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for suggestions on wood stock protection for my rifles, but also for a guitar headstock where I just applied a waterslide decal. I'm hoping something like the Birchwood Casey waxes/oils can be brushed/rubbed on indoors where the humidity is a lot lower ( non toxic) and be used for both rifles and guitars.
The guitar in question has a maple headstock with clear satin nitro finish, so I want to coat it and make sure the decal stays put without radically altering the look of the wood.

I used their stain on a maple Marlin .22 stock I refinished. I think (IIRC) I used carnauba floor wax for the finish. I was a poor E-4 and cheap back then. It seems to have held up well in the 40+ years, but the rifle hasn't been used much.

I use BirchwoodCasey stock was as mold release when epoxy bedding pistol grips. Also any time I want to epoxy fit something and get it apart.
I also use it for wiping down entire rifles, not just the stock. Does seem to have a limited life but seems to work better than an oily rag.
I don't use it on parkerizing; that gets plenty of oil.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads