JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have an polish RPD kit with original threaded barrel, new DSA Semi-receiver, and all the Semi auto parts for the conversion - Just dont have machining tools/equipment or gunsmith experience to finish the project alone.

DM me if interested or you have any leads on a shop or builder.

Thanks.

IMG_4401.jpeg

Last Edited:
Just curious, what all needs to be done to complete the rifle? Does it come with a full auto sear that needs to be converted to a semi-auto sear? Is the receiver in tact or has it been de-milled and a new one needs to be constructed? Is the goal a semi-auto closed bolt?

Looks like it will be a nice rifle when it is completed.

Just curious, what all needs to be done to complete the rifle? Does it come with a full auto sear that needs to be converted to a semi-auto sear? Is the receiver in tact or has it been de-milled and a new one needs to be constructed? Is the goal a semi-auto closed bolt?

Looks like it will be a nice rifle when it is completed.
You have to machine lower to accept larger semi parts, Machine lower to fit receiver, Machine receiver to close properly on loaded feed tray, Machine bolt carrier to fit the semi receiver, Drill thru the tower and put in the semi firing pin assembly..Few other little details. They are a pain to get to run properly with the semi conversion..Not difficult just a pain.

You have to machine lower to accept larger semi parts, Machine lower to fit receiver, Machine receiver to close properly on loaded feed tray, Machine bolt carrier to fit the semi receiver, Drill thru the tower and put in the semi firing pin assembly..Few other little details. They are a pain to get to run properly with the semi conversion..Not difficult just a pain.
Lower and semi auto trigger is done, bolt carrier is done, bunch of tweaks still needed probably but mostly I've got nothing that can mill the threads off the Original barrel or press fit it afterwards.

Its just kinda impossible to find an actual builder since project arms closed - although I hadnt heard of the gunsmith posted above and reached out.

Mostly Wish I could find someone local to pay to help me.

So your wanting threaded barrel turned into press fit barrel? Ive done a few and i hate working on RPD's now. You got Ice house, I think free rein does them. STAY away from lewman arms or youll need to get someone to fix it. If your just needing the barrel turned and pressed i might be able to help. The spring tuning and feed tuning is all on you. No one wants to pay shop rate when you got 12 hours into getting one to run right.

So your wanting threaded barrel turned into press fit barrel? Ive done a few and i hate working on RPD's now. You got Ice house, I think free rein does them. STAY away from lewman arms or youll need to get someone to fix it. If your just needing the barrel turned and pressed i might be able to help. The spring tuning and feed tuning is all on you. No one wants to pay shop rate when you got 12 hours into getting one to run right.
Appreciate the info.

Yeah unfortunately this DSA semi auto receiver Isn't threaded and is a press fit.

I'll send you a DM with a couple questions.

I've had great luck with Lewman semi MG42 builds... they seem to blend welds and finish nicely compared to the rougher blending and finishes on Ice House builds. Both are great in my experience, just different approaches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top