JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neither is this one, but I'd rather have it than any Colt made...

nc_ohc=Z02oz6CTff8AX8kq33M&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-2.jpg

there are tons of 1911 makers out there! You got your Colt, the OG knock-off from Browning's genius. But there are also a bunch of copies and clones floating around. Some swear by the vintage Ser. 70 Gov, while others dig different metal options. MIM internals? Nah, not my thing either. It's cool to see how each brand puts their own spin on it. So keep on searching for the perfect 1911 that fits your vibe

I've seen it said several times now that the 1911 is a knock-off of a Browning design. How is it possible to "knock-off" your own design?

Isn't that a bit like saying a Gen4 Glock is a knock-off of a Gen3 Glock? Maybe I'm just not getting the joke...

One is a knock off of the Browning, one is a knock off of the 1911 ;)
1911 is a knock off of the 1905 Browning, yes? Anyhoo the Colt Combat Commander rules :D... And John Moses did say when He returned from the mountain.. "Thus sayeth The Lord, thou shalt have no other autos beside Me... and the people then said 'Amen' and there was much rejoicing"...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top