JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an 1924 Winchester 16 gauge SG I want to have hot blued. It belonged to a family member, has seen some damage, but I have it cleaned up about as well as its going to get. I've tried to call the most referred local GS on here, that does great work, left messages, and crickets, sad to say. Looking for other options. Would like to get it done correctly.

That being said, if I can't find someone local or within a reasonable drive distance, I may try to rust blue. Brownells has a couple rust blue products. I am leaning toward Mark Lee express blue as my back up option to finding someone to hot blue it.

Referral options would be appreciated. Thanks

Try giving them a call on Saturday - on his website he has some days he doesn't answer the phone in order to get work done.

For a family gun you are trying to save, I'd avoid the home remedies and go with your original idea of a Smith hot bluing it (what you pay most for in that process is skilled polishing prior to the blue).

Another consideration would be Simmons (not the scope company) simmonsguns.com out of Nebraska, who specializes in restorations/upgrades of Winchester Model 12's to any degree you wish to take it.

I have an 1924 Winchester 16 gauge SG I want to have hot blued. It belonged to a family member, has seen some damage, but I have it cleaned up about as well as its going to get. I've tried to call the most referred local GS on here, that does great work, left messages, and crickets, sad to say. Looking for other options. Would like to get it done correctly.

That being said, if I can't find someone local or within a reasonable drive distance, I may try to rust blue. Brownells has a couple rust blue products. I am leaning toward Mark Lee express blue as my back up option to finding someone to hot blue it.

Referral options would be appreciated. Thanks
McCluskey Arms Co. down in Eugene does hot blueing if that isn't to far.

I do rust bluing. Hot bluing no one wanted to pay for what it costs now to get salts to WA. Mel Doyle in Plummer Idaho does fantastic hot bluing for around 120$ last I checked.

SMGCo in Iowa does great work for reasonable prices. Here is an RPK I had refinished; they glass media blasted and hot blued it for $250.

20231107_192505.jpg

Try giving them a call on Saturday - on his website he has some days he doesn't answer the phone in order to get work done.
^^^^ Tim's done several bluing projects for me. The work was always exceptional and not way out on price. There's a reason why he's so busy and it takes a bit for him to get back, but well worth it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top