JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm curious why you opened the door? Couldn't you verified that it was a mistake through the door? If you do open the door, step out of your home and close the door behind you.

If I ever have the police knocking at my door for an unknown reason, first thing I'd be doing is calling 911. Verify what the F they are doing at my house before proceeding to go near the door.

I have a doorbell camera, and a front facing camera to my home. I'll know if someone is there, before they reach the door. Hell, I'd be tempted to communicate with the officers through the doorbell cam device before going near the door.

My autistic child accidently dialed 911 today (Sat). But here is the messed up part, the phone he used is no longer in service yet they were able to trace it to my home anyway...
I guess what they say is true, they know everything anyway so I might as well form 1 my SP5. If the time comes to kick down my door to take my guns it wont matter if I form 1 them or not...

They took the typical "at the ready stance" when addressing me. The one talking to me walked down to my yard after pounding on my door (before I opened the door, not after of course), shifted to the side to get me to expose myself more while talking to him (did not work, I knew what they were doing) the other two took a 9 and 3 o'clock stance on the sides of him in the fake "relaxed look mode" it was obvious they knew there were guns in my residence and wanted to be ready for a possible encounter. The two on either side of the addressing individual could take me out if I did anything. I am ex leo myself so I know the drill. The problem is that I would not do anything stupid and my child was right there, but the mere fact that they were expecting a problem outright and they allowed that to control their behavior is troubling. Back in my day we knew the drill but we were also taught how to spot when a problem might occur, not just assume that one was going to happen right from the get go....

I need to move the f_uck out of this city and state... the anti-gun sentiment, the liberal/leftist politics is making it unbearable to live here...
LEOs are no longer your friend....they only care about the pension. And I've been a LEO supporter all my life.

828b6f7311c7b5e1.jpeg

From the GPS.gov site:

Federal law prohibits the operation, marketing, or sale of any type of jamming equipment that interferes with authorized radio communications, including cellular and Personal Communication Services (PCS), police radar, and Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
As a person who works with RF systems, this is true, however LIDAR isn't as regulated as well as radar detection. It's a cat and mouse game of civilian "electronic warfare". Military installations prohibit radar detectors as well as in some countries. As long as there is power going to any kind of RF transmitter such as a phone etc, it will emit signals which can be detected with the right equipment.

I'm curious why you opened the door? Couldn't you verified that it was a mistake through the door? If you do open the door, step out of your home and close the door behind you.

If I ever have the police knocking at my door for an unknown reason, first thing I'd be doing is calling 911. Verify what the F they are doing at my house before proceeding to go near the door.

I have a doorbell camera, and a front facing camera to my home. I'll know if someone is there, before they reach the door. Hell, I'd be tempted to communicate with the officers through the doorbell cam device before going near the door.
My son went to the door and opened it, at that point I just had to grudgingly deal with them and then shut the door behind me.

I have also noted the decline of what we used to think of American ideals. But, where can we move to? It seems almost all westernized societies are suffering the same issues, perhaps on a smaller scale
It's not this bad everywhere. It's good to get on a plane once in a while and see a different part of the country, where people are still normal.

The Cascadia region is infested with the Bolshevist utopist disease, which is a disease of the mind. That's why so many of our neighbors are either heavily medicated or self-medicating and consumed by anxiety. Because they live in this nihilistic hell devoid of meaning.

An exigent circumstance, in the criminal procedure law of the United States, allows law enforcement, under certain circumstances, to enter a structure without a search warrant or, if they have a "knock and announce" warrant, without knocking and waiting for the owner's permission to enter.

Keep that in mind - depending on the call, the circumstances, the unknown, you may find yourself laying on the ground, tied like a pig, if you refuse to help or cooperate with LE. Depending how the call went or what was heard it could easily lead police to believe someone/child was in distress. You can be hard nosed (handle it all on your own/get off my property) but I don't think that will get you far.

It's not this bad everywhere.
This is true.

Heck even when I had a houseful of LEOs a few years ago after my home break in they were professional but pretty laid back.

I had to ask a couple of them (if they didn't mind) to not pick up some of the Winchesters standing around, and I would be glad to first pick them up and check them and hand them to them. One younger LEO seemed more interested in them than the job at hand!

Bottom line was the guns were hardly an issue to them.

An exigent circumstance, in the criminal procedure law of the United States, allows law enforcement, under certain circumstances, to enter a structure without a search warrant or, if they have a "knock and announce" warrant, without knocking and waiting for the owner's permission to enter.

Keep that in mind - depending on the call, the circumstances, the unknown, you may find yourself laying on the ground, tied like a pig, if you refuse to help or cooperate with LE. Depending how the call went or what was heard it could easily lead police to believe someone/child was in distress. You can be hard nosed (handle it all on your own/get off my property) but I don't think that will get you far.
I know all this, but at my age (not to old mind you) I would rather die not letting them in then allow that to happen to me... Many people died during the revolutionary war fighting for what they believed in, would you? would anyone in this country be willing to give their life to fight for their ideals nowadays?
If I wanted to live in Mother Russia or China I would move there..

I know all this, but at my age (not to old mind you) I would rather die not letting them in then allow that to happen to me... Many people died during the revolutionary war fighting for what they believed in, would you? would anyone in this country be willing to give their life to fight for their ideals nowadays?
And you have that right. But I think that's foolish to die in front of your son (who would grow up without a father) simply over a misdialed phone call. Yes there are things/people/rights I would gladly die for but a misdial to 911 isn't one of them.

My autistic child accidently dialed 911 today (Sat). But here is the messed up part, the phone he used is no longer in service yet they were able to trace it to my home anyway...
I guess what they say is true, they know everything anyway so I might as well form 1 my SP5. If the time comes to kick down my door to take my guns it wont matter if I form 1 them or not...

They took the typical "at the ready stance" when addressing me. The one talking to me walked down to my yard after pounding on my door (before I opened the door, not after of course), shifted to the side to get me to expose myself more while talking to him (did not work, I knew what they were doing) the other two took a 9 and 3 o'clock stance on the sides of him in the fake "relaxed look mode" it was obvious they knew there were guns in my residence and wanted to be ready for a possible encounter. The two on either side of the addressing individual could take me out if I did anything. I am ex leo myself so I know the drill. The problem is that I would not do anything stupid and my child was right there, but the mere fact that they were expecting a problem outright and they allowed that to control their behavior is troubling. Back in my day we knew the drill but we were also taught how to spot when a problem might occur, not just assume that one was going to happen right from the get go....

I need to move the f_uck out of this city and state... the anti-gun sentiment, the liberal/leftist politics is making it unbearable to live here...
I see that you wrote that you are an ex leo so I simply have to ask: were you fired or forced to quit that job?

No offense intended..

And you have that right. But I think that's foolish to die in front of your son (who would grow up without a father) simply over a misdialed phone call. Yes there are things/people/rights I would gladly die for but a misdial to 911 isn't one of them.
My son will never be able to take care of himself, once I am gone he will end up in an institution. His only family lives back east and they will not take care of him. One way or another he is going to lose everything he knows and will not understand why. I am not saying that I want to die and leave him but I also have to stand up for what is right and I don't like how we are ever so creeping closer to fascism and a police state in our beloved country..

Situational awareness should apply here. I think we have more in common than not but you may be a bit more triggered by certain inputs. Take notes about what happened and log it is one that ended safely. We will need all the patriots we can get at some point and no need to needlessly escalate a situation such as this.

I see that you wrote that you are an ex leo so I simply have to ask: were you fired or forced to quit that job?

No offense intended..
None takin, after my child was born and he was diagnosed with all his medical problems I decided to leave law enforcement and pursue a career in the medical field. I was older and pursued a degree that was realistic and after some time I earned my PhD in cardiology and now I work with people in that area.

On the 1st page, it doesn't seem like you knew that dialing 911 and pressing Send will activate the gps location feature on most phones, or that most phones will complete a 911 call regardless of whether the phone is associated with an active account.

It's a bummer that your son dialed 911, but it's a bigger bummer to hear that a purported ex-LEO is surprised by what happened next, or thinks that there should have been no response, or is so openly hostile and resentful against law enforcement.

... and yes they should've ignored it because I don't need them. ...
That makes no sense at all. None.

Get real. If a child dials 911 from a house and then hangs up on the dispatcher, it's nearly a 100% sure thing that LEO will come knocking if they can figure out the location of the caller.

What's odd is that you're surprised by that, or resentful of it.

There is very little difference between cop-hating cop-bashers on a gun board, and BLM police-defunders spray-painting "bubblegum the police" on a govt building.

My son will never be able to take care of himself, once I am gone he will end up in an institution. His only family lives back east and they will not take care of him. One way or another he is going to lose everything he knows and will not understand why. I am not saying that I want to die and leave him but I also have to stand up for what is right and I don't like how we are ever so creeping closer to fascism and a police state in our beloved country..
I guess…. I don't live in fear. I spent a decent amount of time in the military and know there are plenty of people who will get up and fight if push comes to shove. Although I hope to never see that day. I think a select group of Americans want to see a civil war but don't truly understand what they are asking for.

On the 1st page, it doesn't seem like you knew that dialing 911 and pressing Send will activate the gps location feature on most phones, or that most phones will complete a 911 call regardless of whether the phone is associated with an active account.

It's a bummer that your son dialed 911, but it's a bigger bummer to hear that a purported ex-LEO is surprised by what happened next, or thinks that there should have been no response, or is so openly hostile and resentful against law enforcement.

That makes no sense at all. None.

Get real. If a child dials 911 from a house and then hangs up on the dispatcher, it's nearly a 100% sure thing that LEO will come knocking if they can figure out the location of the caller.

What's odd is that you're surprised by that, or resentful of it.

There is very little difference between cop-hating cop-bashers on a gun board, and BLM police-defunders spray-painting "bubblegum the police" on a govt building.
You have the right to feel that way if you wish, at least until they take that away of course... and please read thru some of the other comments to get the full context.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads